Wiki Posts
Search

transit at Bangalore airport , visa required ? help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
transit at Bangalore airport , visa required ? help

We're flying with sri lankan airways Male to BLR arriving at 20h05 where we have a Business flight with AF to Paris CDG at 01h50 (5h30 waiting). I've read that we do not need a visa since we aren't leaving the airport but: #1 - can Sri Lankan airways check our bags on to Paris without our having to pick them up in BLR? (We have separate e- tickets I bought online.) #2 - If we have to pick up the checked bags in BLR, can we do that via a transfer desk as well as check in with AF in BLR ? .

Besides, there is a lounge for AF Business in Bangalore airport ?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
have you tried asking sri lankan if they can tag your bags all the way to your final destination????
Old Jun 12, 2013, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Yes I did
AF has just announced me that no interline agreements so sri lankan airways will not carry my luggage ...
but at least my friend who is travelling with me can check in all our luggages under his name.

the problem remains if I need to clear immigration for boarding pass purposes.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Boarding pass you can get from the transit desk. It may not be staffed at the time you arrive, so you may have to wait. Somebody will need an Indian visa to pick up bags and recheck them.

I recommend that everyone gets an Indian visa, since there are just too many thing which could go wrong. If your UL flight is delayed and you miss the AF flight, you will be in for a lot of hassle.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by beghita
We're flying with sri lankan airways Male to BLR arriving at 20h05 where we have a Business flight with AF to Paris CDG at 01h50 (5h30 waiting). I've read that we do not need a visa since we aren't leaving the airport but: #1 - can Sri Lankan airways check our bags on to Paris without our having to pick them up in BLR? (We have separate e- tickets I bought online.) #2 - If we have to pick up the checked bags in BLR, can we do that via a transfer desk as well as check in with AF in BLR ? .

Besides, there is a lounge for AF Business in Bangalore airport ?
Begitha, what passport do you hold?

AF uses a shared lounge at BLR airport. It is a basic lounge.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 9:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Is a visa required to transit Bengaluru / BLR? The best way to know that is to use TIMATIC, which is what the airlines use to determine if you board or not . Try Star Alliance's offering of TIMATIC web here; you can fill in the details there, not have to share them here and rely on what might be an informed reply - or not.

There is a BLR / Bangalore / Bangaluru thread on the lounge - AF may use the Oberoi Executive Lounge.

Originally Posted by Kris Rao
Begitha, what passport do you hold?

AF uses a shared lounge at BLR airport. It is a basic lounge.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:04 pm

The BLR lounge was fine but lots of mosquitoes. The biryani was tasty and the seats were comfortable. There's a Kingfisher pub right outside that looked pretty nice, if a bit rambunctious as the night went on. I personally would never go to India without a visa. As someone else said, too much can happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.