Reload this Page >

Mumbai International airport question

Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum

Hello,

Have not flown into Mumbai in many years. Do they still have the ancient practice of the x ray scanner when you walk through the green channel and they mark an X in chalk even if you have for example., your used i pad and the customs officer/s end up hustling you for bribes?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by safari_7
Hello,
Have not flown into Mumbai in many years. Do they still have the ancient practice of the x ray scanner when you walk through the green channel and they mark an X in chalk even if you have for example., your used i pad and the customs officer/s end up hustling you for bribes?
Was there two weeks ago. Nothing like the above. Just the normal queues for passport control and security.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:42 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by safari_7
Hello,

x-ray scanner yes, but no Q&A unless there is something out of whack. never questioned on electronics and used ones too. once they questioned me to pay customs duty on some keychains though (we'd carried about a 100 to an event outside India, and werre carrying the 15-20 left back in my bag!). I told them to keep the keychains since i couldn't care less. was let go after that.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
x-ray scanner yes, but no Q&A unless there is something out of whack.
very true....haven't faced any problems in bom over the last few years....
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:34 am
tt.

Easy pass through both mumbai and new Delhi airports last week and two hours ago.
Taxi from Mumbai international airport to colaba (gateway of india), INR 500.
Taxi from new Delhi int airport to city centre, INR 250.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.