Search

Applying for new visa whilst still holding current one

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2013, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
Applying for new visa whilst still holding current one

Hi all,

I have a UK passport with a 6 month Indian business visa which expires 25th October. Due to some bad planning on my part, my next trip to India spans the expiry date (arrive 23rd, depart 27th). I was just wondering, is it possible to apply for a new visa with an existing one in place?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
i am not an expert, but i did stay at holiday inn and read this in FAQ:
https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/faqs
Question: Can I hold two active Indian visas at the same time?
Answer: No, the Indian government will not permit two valid visas at the same time. Your currently active visa will need to be cancelled upon approval and issuance of a second visa.

it seems to me you can apply and they will cancel the first one somehow, might be best to call them in your place of visa issuance.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
while i have never had the need to apply for an indian visa, i have applied for visas at several other countries like the us, uk, canada, singapore, schengen & a bunch of others towards the end of expiry of my current visa....there has never been a problem....my visa has always been approved & they simply cancel the earlier one....

similarly, you shouldn't have a problem with your indian visa....
Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
Thank you both for your input. I took your advice and called. They cancel the old visa automatically when issuing a new ones, as you state. Once again, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.