FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/)
-   -   Delhi airport hotel recommendations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1207224-delhi-airport-hotel-recommendations.html)

sjd2 Apr 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Delhi airport hotel recommendations

Need help recommending a hotel for my mum who is going to Dheli. She is only staying one night but want to book her something decent that will be easy to get to and from the airport. I saw Radisson Blu has a hotel there, which I know are nice in Europe but not sure who they fair in Asia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

MrColdShower Apr 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by sjd2 (Post 16245514)
Need help recommending a hotel for my mum who is going to Dheli. She is only staying one night but want to book her something decent that will be easy to get to and from the airport. I saw Radisson Blu has a hotel there, which I know are nice in Europe but not sure who they fair in Asia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I can recommend the Radisson highly. They met me at the airport and provided transportation (in a rather cramped car) to and from the hotel. I booked a club room and found the staff to be uniformly friendly. Food was good. My room was very musty, but they have been remodeled since my stay. I would return.

jpatokal Apr 20, 2011 4:04 am

Only downside: like most all five-stars in Delhi, it's around US$400/night at last check. :eek:

l etoile Apr 20, 2011 8:10 pm

Please follow this in the India forum.

l'etoile
sr. moderator

ROW2Aisle Apr 21, 2011 3:54 am

Read this post for information on the new Eaton Smart Transit Hotel at the Delhi airport Terminal T3.

rathin100 Apr 21, 2011 3:57 am

For your mother if you dont use the Smart transit hotel, the Radisson is the best choice She will also be picked up by a uniformed driver with a signboard bearing her name who will speak English The hotel is a 1-10min drive from the terminal It is a fully equipped 5 star. Full international buffet breakfast normally included or room service on payment Pool..gym... multilingual staff....etc...

By the way standards in top end hotels in India (all brands) are way better than in Europe or the US Expect more not less

Keyser Apr 22, 2011 3:46 am

Originally Posted by rathin100 (Post 16255524)
By the way standards in top end hotels in India (all brands) are way better than in Europe or the US Expect more not less

well said....

jahason Apr 22, 2011 4:23 am

I stayed at the Leela Kempinski Hotel in Gurgaon which is pretty neat. They also arranged a pick up from the airport. It is also expensive but we got a Honeywell corporate rate that includes the pick up and drop. A BA gold card entitles a free upgrade.

Keyser Apr 22, 2011 4:51 am

Originally Posted by jahason (Post 16261500)
I stayed at the Leela Kempinski Hotel in Gurgaon which is pretty neat. They also arranged a pick up from the airport. It is also expensive but we got a Honeywell corporate rate that includes the pick up and drop. A BA gold card entitles a free upgrade.

if its only a question of spending the night then the radisson is much closer & is also often cheaper than the leela....

hserus Apr 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 16261556)
if its only a question of spending the night then the radisson is much closer & is also often cheaper than the leela....

And there are plenty of smaller hotels - there's an Ibis that's perfectly adequate and certainly at a better standard than the cheap 80 euro Ibis motels you get in France. And a holiday inn / holiday inn express too, right?

Spent_All_My_Miles May 5, 2011 11:30 am

If it's not rush hour, the Westin Gurgaon is pretty quick to get to from the airport. Not strictly an airport hotel, but very nice and new.

Keyser May 5, 2011 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles (Post 16333641)
If it's not rush hour, the Westin Gurgaon is pretty quick to get to from the airport. Not strictly an airport hotel, but very nice and new.

also expensive....