Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Delhi Airport T3 Minimum Connection time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delhi Airport T3 Minimum Connection time?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Similar, only difference is you have to take the bags up one level and drop them off at a regular AI checkin counter.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: TK*S, KF Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Similar, only difference is you have to take the bags up one level and drop them off at a regular AI checkin counter.
Lol..in the US after clearing customs you just have to drop them off a at a conveyor belt if your bags are already tagged through and you are holding connecting boarding pass.

What you are describing is essentially I'll have to re check in so it isn't quite the same.

As I am travelling on one PNR my bags should be tagged all the way through from BKK and I'll be issued boarding passes for both flights as they are both in Star Alliance.

Guess I'll have to see how things go, DEL is usually busy in the evening as is the norm for Indian airports which see international flights so I don't think it should be an issue as I will be within T3
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:51 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

That's is why I said 'similar' not 'same'
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS
9W (INT) to AI (DOM) at DEL -- separate PNR - 2hrs 15 ok?

We are flying in from SIN to DEL in J arriving at 14:45 into T3 Then I have 2 options for connections:

1. AI at 14:55 to ATQ (2hrs 10min) connection in Y
2. 9W at 20:05 to ATQ (4hrs 45min) connection in Y

We have Star Gold.

Is the AI flight too tight? Trying to minimize time at DEL but if too tight, we'll take the later flight. Ticket prices for both flights are $71 so I could double book as insurance.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:39 am

Double book with flex terms.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Have a question regarding a back-to-back (B2B) in DEL on MH.
There is one hour between the arrival and departure on the same aircraft, is this feasible? Will a visa be required?
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:29 am

Visa required, MH will ask you to show something. 1h turnaround is bloody tough in DEL.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Looking for some help. I fly a lot, but not to India (first time in a decade).

If I arrive into DEL T3 at 6:30p (KE from ICN). First time visa, and with checked luggage be able to catch an 8:20pm flight from AI or I5? Officially, I think I meet minimum connection time (1.5 hr?)

AI504 (air India) 8:30pm from Terminal 3.
I5-729 (Air Asia) 8:20pm also from Terminal 3.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by chunky649
Looking for some help. I fly a lot, but not to India (first time in a decade).

If I arrive into DEL T3 at 6:30p (KE from ICN). First time visa, and with checked luggage be able to catch an 8:20pm flight from AI or I5? Officially, I think I meet minimum connection time (1.5 hr?)

AI504 (air India) 8:30pm from Terminal 3.
I5-729 (Air Asia) 8:20pm also from Terminal 3.
on the same pnr, this is doable....on different tickets, this would be touch & go....if your incoming flight is late then you will probably miss your connection....
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by Keyser
on the same pnr, this is doable....on different tickets, this would be touch & go....if your incoming flight is late then you will probably miss your connection....
Thanks. I assume that at least (flights being on-time)... But was wondering how efficient the the airport and immigration-customs is at DEL.

Anyway, I found another way of getting there... I am now planning to stop in SIN instead and catch one of two flights SIN-BLR... That way, I won't have to worry about immigration until my final destination.

Last edited by chunky649; Jan 13, 2020 at 6:56 am
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by chunky649
Thanks. I assume that at least (flights being on-time)... But was wondering how efficient the the airport and immigration-customs is at DEL.

Anyway, I found another way of getting there... I am now planning to stop in SIN instead and catch one of two flights SIN-BLR... That way, I won't have to worry about immigration until my final destination.
immigration & customs in del is pretty efficient....but connecting via sin is a better idea....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.