Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Delhi T3 transfers [merged questions and experience reports]

Delhi T3 transfers [merged questions and experience reports]

Old May 7, 19, 3:04 pm

Programs: WN AL;
After Pakistani air space restrictions,UA cancelled DEL-EWR leg of my original ticket. It is an award ticket on UA metal - travelling in June. New routing is PNQ-DEL-NRT-IAH-TUL. My halt in DEL is just 1 hr. My understanding is there is a small chance I will get thru' checkin at PNQ and I won't have to check my bag in again at DEL.In the event I do not get it, I will be out of luck and most likely miss my DEL-NRT leg which is on ANA.

I would like your thoughts on my chances of making the connection. And options in case I miss it. Does UA rebook the alternative or ANA does? How badly would either of them treat me as it is an award ticket? Is better for me to reconsider and cancel this whole thing PNQ-DEL-NRT-IAH-TUL and get a paid ticket even though it is crazy expensive?

Thanks, for your help.

Last edited by indiafan; May 7, 19 at 3:05 pm Reason: clarity
Old May 7, 19, 7:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by indiafan View Post
After Pakistani air space restrictions,UA cancelled DEL-EWR leg of my original ticket. It is an award ticket on UA metal - travelling in June. New routing is PNQ-DEL-NRT-IAH-TUL. My halt in DEL is just 1 hr. My understanding is there is a small chance I will get thru' checkin at PNQ and I won't have to check my bag in again at DEL.In the event I do not get it, I will be out of luck and most likely miss my DEL-NRT leg which is on ANA.

I would like your thoughts on my chances of making the connection. And options in case I miss it. Does UA rebook the alternative or ANA does? How badly would either of them treat me as it is an award ticket? Is better for me to reconsider and cancel this whole thing PNQ-DEL-NRT-IAH-TUL and get a paid ticket even though it is crazy expensive?

Thanks, for your help.
PNQ-DEL is on AI and it's all on the same UA award ticket? If so, no problems getting your bag checked all the way to IAH.
Old May 8, 19, 1:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Bags will be tagged all the way till TUL, you will see it again in IAH to take it thru customs. Crazy routing though. You will get the boarding passes for ANA in PNQ from AI.
Old Jun 11, 19, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hilton Gold
I've read this entire thread and still am not sure if the transfer desk can handle my situation.

Arriving from YVR on AC at 5:40am, then departing on Vistara to PNQ at 10:25am. One of us has an E-Visa and the other a multiple entry 5 year visa. Vistara flight has same record locator number as my Swiss departure from BOM 10 days later. No checked bags.

Vistara website says: Through check-in will be available on selected partner airlines only: ANA, British Airways, Emirates, Ethiopian Airlines, Finnair, Japan Airlines, KLM, Qatar Airways, SilkAir, Singapore Airlines, Srilankan Airlines, Swiss Air, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. Please note that the same will only be valid if the entire journey is on the same ticket number. So, I am thinking we won't be able use transfer desk, even though we are getting to YVR on a United flight. To be clear, I can see all of my flights on both Vistara and Swiss websites.

Would love to avoid 3 hour E-Visa hell that I endured in Oct 2017. Can any expert here provide clarity?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Jun 12, 19, 1:28 am

Folks,
Similar to the previous post, plenty of solid advice on the thread but reassurance sought nonetheless.

Arriving at DEL from NRT on JL749 at 16:45 and departing on BA142 to LHR at 01:50 the next morning.
Iím travelling on separate PNRs with no checked bags. JAL have been made aware of the onward flight to LHR as my final destination.
Am I correct in thinking that I cango through international transit and not have to exit through immigration and come back in?
Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 12, 19, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by bmoore2310 View Post
Arriving from YVR on AC at 5:40am, then departing on Vistara to PNQ at 10:25am. One of us has an E-Visa and the other a multiple entry 5 year visa. Vistara flight has same record locator number as my Swiss departure from BOM 10 days later. No checked bags.
[...]
Would love to avoid 3 hour E-Visa hell that I endured in Oct 2017. Can any expert here provide clarity?
Since you want to go to PQ you will have to enter India upon arrival in DEL. If you don't have a Visa, you will have to queue in the Evisa queue, unless the multiple entry evisa was already stamped in your passport during the last visit. Vistara cannot help you skip the line.

Originally Posted by Gdwud View Post
Arriving at DEL from NRT on JL749 at 16:45 and departing on BA142 to LHR at 01:50 the next morning.
Iím travelling on separate PNRs with no checked bags. JAL have been made aware of the onward flight to LHR as my final destination.
Am I correct in thinking that I cango through international transit and not have to exit through immigration and come back in?
Your problem will be that there is no BA rep available when you land at 5pm. So if you don't have a visa to enter India you will have to wait in front of the transfer desk before transit security till the BA office is available around 4-5 hours before scheduled departure.
Old Jun 12, 19, 6:38 am

Thanks for pointing that out! Would it help if I am checked in online and have a web-printed boarding card?
Old Jun 12, 19, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Gdwud View Post
Thanks for pointing that out! Would it help if I am checked in online and have a web-printed boarding card?
No self printing of boarding passes allowed for intl departures. Double check the BA website.