Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying to Maldives from India

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Flying to Maldives from India

A friend's current itinerary has her finishing up a northern India trip in Varanasi. She needs to head to the Maldives from there; what is the best route from Varanasi to Male?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 2:52 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, mkgosalia. I am moving your query to the FT India Forum. Please follow there.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mkgosalia
A friend's current itinerary has her finishing up a northern India trip in Varanasi. She needs to head to the Maldives from there; what is the best route from Varanasi to Male?
the only 2 indian cities that operate flights to the maldives are bengaluru & trivandrum....

air india has flight from both cities whereas Maldivian has flights from trivandrum....

your friend will basically have to fly to either one of these cities from varanasi & then take either the maldivian or air india flight....
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by saad
the only 2 indian cities that operate flights to the maldives are bengaluru & trivandrum....

air india has flight from both cities whereas Maldivian has flights from trivandrum....

your friend will basically have to fly to either one of these cities from varanasi & then take either the maldivian or air india flight....
Alternatively, one could fly Srilankan and connect via CMB. In any case, Varanasi to either BLR or TVM will involve one stopover. So that makes it a total of two stops for VNS to MLE, which stays the same if connecting via CMB too.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by aniruddh77
Alternatively, one could fly Srilankan and connect via CMB. In any case, Varanasi to either BLR or TVM will involve one stopover. So that makes it a total of two stops for VNS to MLE, which stays the same if connecting via CMB too.
If OP stays with AI, it might be cheaper since the entire itin will be on AI.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by UA Fan
If OP stays with AI, it might be cheaper since the entire itin will be on AI.
maldivian has some great rates sometimes....it would be worth checking them out....
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:17 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
maldivian has some great rates sometimes....it would be worth checking them out....
Yeah.. they don't advertise too much as well, but the rates are pretty decent from the looks of it..
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quarryking
Yeah.. they don't advertise too much as well, but the rates are pretty decent from the looks of it..
i flew them once from trivandrum....it was a fantastic deal for inr 8k return....
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:05 pm

i flew them once from trivandrum....it was a fantastic deal for inr 8k return....
Fantastic Deal indeed at 8K for a return ticket.. Was the run on a Dornier..??
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was the run on a Dornier..??
dash8-300....
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:49 am

dash8-300....
Cool..!! Must try and do a run then sometime in Jan.. i guess they're the only airline flying this aircraft type into the country..

Always interesting to fly on these eclectic aircrafts apart from the usual ones that fill our Indian airspace..
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cool..!! Must try and do a run then sometime in Jan.. i guess they're the only airline flying this aircraft type into the country..

Always interesting to fly on these eclectic aircrafts apart from the usual ones that fill our Indian airspace..
i think there entiry fleet consists of 5 planes....4 dash & 1 dornier....
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by mkgosalia
The best way is to go to Mumbai or Chinnai and catch the flight.
Permod
Old Nov 24, 2010, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Permod
The best way is to go to Mumbai or Chinnai and catch the flight.
Permod
welcome to ft permod....what flight flies from either mumbai or chennai to male????
Old Nov 30, 2010, 2:05 am

i think there entiry fleet consists of 5 planes....4 dash & 1 dornier....
Hey Saad, where did you stay when in MLE..any recommendations for the same..??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.