Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

What time required from Domestic to International in BOM?

Old Oct 14, 2010, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Hi experts of India.

Arriving domestically in BOM at around 10pm and leaving on a flight to Europe 3 hrs later, should this be fine?
Arte the terminals connected or do I need to take bus/train/...? I assume I will have to re-check my bags, right?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by LXboy
Hi experts of India.

Arriving domestically in BOM at around 10pm and leaving on a flight to Europe 3 hrs later, should this be fine?
Arte the terminals connected or do I need to take bus/train/...? I assume I will have to re-check my bags, right?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Just answered your question in the LH M&M Forum.

Yes, 3 hours will be tight....
Yes, it is a hassle at BOM.
Terminals are not connected. There is a bus. You can also take a taxi yourself or an autorickshaw.
You may not have to re-check bags (depends on airline). But you will have to identify your bags after you reach the international terminal.
If it were me, i would simply avoid this transfer, especially with 3 hour connect time.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:17 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When you arrive in BOM Domestic Terminal, collect you bags, then find the transfer bus to the international terminal. Busses depart every 20 to 30 minutes and drive from the domestic terminal to the international terminal inside the airport fence. The drive takes about 20 to 30 minutes to complete. When you arrive at the international terminal 2 make your way to your departure airline counter to check-in.

3 Hours is enough - does not leave much time to linger along the way.

Make sure you have a print out of your onward journey. You will need to chow this to many people in order to gain access to the bus and the international terminal.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for your answers
(thought it might be better to ask the BOM specific question here)

Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by LXboy
Thanks a lot for your answers
(thought it might be better to ask the BOM specific question here)

Thanks.
You are welcome.
@HNL pointed out a very important thing - always keep a printed itinerary for the men-with-the-guns at the door of the airport. Otherwise, you may never get in.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
as other have said, if your domestic flight is not late then you will be fine....there are a bunch of threads on the airline of india forum about the question you are asking....do a search & go through them....you will get a lot of useful info....
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:17 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
To the OP --
A similar query is there from you in the M&M Forum.. Either this or that needs to be deleted as per FT T&C's..multiple posts for the same topic on different forums is not allowed..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.