Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Taxi Services AT COK?

Taxi Services AT COK?

Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Taxi Services AT COK?

Wondering if anyone has any experience with taxis that travel "outstation" to Alleppey area from COK?

TIA guys!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 7:21 am

There is a pre-paid taxi counter once you exit the baggage area. Youll be able to pay for a ride anywhere in Kerala. It works pretty well.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i once drove from cochin to trivandrum & i simply got a pre-paid cab at the airport....
Old May 3, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: CX SL, SQ SL
Shouldn't be hard to book a taxi at the airport. I've never taken one myself, because I've enough family there, but COK-Alleppey is a standard tourist travel route, and should present no problem. Just get the formalities done inside the airport, instead of negotiating with touts outside. If you're more adventurous, take the cab to EKM junction/south train station and get a ticket to Alleppey (or the other way around) on the shuttle train. Nice views along the route, over the backwater lagoons and close by the beach.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.