Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

WBI at upcoming T3 at DEL

WBI at upcoming T3 at DEL

Old Mar 9, 10, 3:16 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ORD
Posts: 722
WBI at upcoming T3 at DEL

I am curious how soon before the MMS's of the scans circulate on the internet.

http://tinyurl.com/ya9czf2
rsh913 is offline  
Old Mar 9, 10, 3:26 pm
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 88,859
Originally Posted by rsh913 View Post
I am curious how soon before the MMS's of the scans circulate on the internet.

http://tinyurl.com/ya9czf2
These strip search machines coming to India are a product of that "security"-clueless clown Palaniappan Chidambaram being made Union Home Minister. He is licking up too many hare-brained ideas that the US and UK governments and related parties sell him even when that includes buying obsolete, expensive junk such as these strip search machines which do not detect explosives.

Whatever will the CISF or any other party doing airport security screening do when passengers screened by these strip search machines have an artificial body part, a colostomy bag, a partially exerted tampon, sanitary napkin or sex organ or related implant? Passengers in wheelchairs who claim to be unable to stand on their own aren't in a position to be subjected to these machines either.

Useless dog and pony show in a country where terrorist attacks are a daily event but haven't involved an airport or flight for years.
GUWonder is offline  
Old Mar 9, 10, 9:48 pm
  #3  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 22,791
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
These strip search machines coming to India are a product of that "security"-clueless clown Palaniappan Chidambaram being made Union Home Minister. He is licking up too many hare-brained ideas that the US and UK governments and related parties sell him even when that includes buying obsolete, expensive junk such as these strip search machines which do not detect explosives.

Whatever will the CISF or any other party doing airport security screening do when passengers screened by these strip search machines have an artificial body part, a colostomy bag, a partially exerted tampon, sanitary napkin or sex organ or related implant? Passengers in wheelchairs who claim to be unable to stand on their own aren't in a position to be subjected to these machines either.

Useless dog and pony show in a country where terrorist attacks are a daily event but haven't involved an airport or flight for years.
Machines, for which someone is going to get hefty commissions/kickbacks.
Yaatri is offline  
Old Mar 9, 10, 10:44 pm
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 88,859
Originally Posted by Yaatri View Post
Machines, for which someone is going to get hefty commissions/kickbacks.
I suspect that is part of the picture.

I want to see P. Chidambaram and Praful Patel publicly subject themselves to these strip search machines and publicly show their unadulterated front-side strip search images to the general public -- while at it and more,, these characters should volunteer to non-exempt themselves from security screenings before "volunteering" the public for strip searches.

I wonder if they realize the impact on them from the Women's Reservation Bill being passed into law or if they are counting on being protected from such law's impact upon them when it comes to airport screening exemptions.
GUWonder is offline  
Old Mar 10, 10, 3:22 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,678
this is sad....very very sad....security at smaller indian airports is a joke....just last week i boarded a plane at allahabad without once showing my id....i was never asked for it at any point....they need to first fix this....they can have the best system in place for new delhi but its just a waste of money getting expensive search machines if they can't first spend resources at other airports to make sure they follow the basics....
Keyser is offline  
Old Mar 10, 10, 8:34 am
  #6  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 88,859
Originally Posted by saad View Post
this is sad....very very sad....security at smaller indian airports is a joke....just last week i boarded a plane at allahabad without once showing my id....i was never asked for it at any point....they need to first fix this....they can have the best system in place for new delhi but its just a waste of money getting expensive search machines if they can't first spend resources at other airports to make sure they follow the basics....
ID checks are a useless public "security" measure at airports in a world where fraudulently-acquired real ID is a ready possibility and even novelty "passports" issued by the Republic of Bananas are accepted since CISF and other guards are never going to know every real and fake government-issued ID in the world.

The basics involve detecting and interdicting contraband weapons, explosives and incendiaries, while ID checks are a distraction as are these expensive strip search machines whose use and findings/non-findings are a standing embarrassment.
GUWonder is offline  
Old Mar 10, 10, 6:07 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ORD
Posts: 722
It seems WBI are going to be only for "suspicious" pax.

http://tinyurl.com/ydxzq72

I wonder if what the criterion for suspicious is for female pax...
rsh913 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 10, 12:33 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,678
Originally Posted by rsh913 View Post
It seems WBI are going to be only for "suspicious" pax.

http://tinyurl.com/ydxzq72

I wonder if what the criterion for suspicious is for female pax...
wow....suspicious pax huh????i wonder how they would be decide who is suspicious or not????
Keyser is offline  
Old May 2, 10, 7:19 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ORD
Posts: 722
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Body-s...e1-538572.aspx
rsh913 is offline  
Old May 2, 10, 10:37 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MAA
Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Posts: 2,798
Originally Posted by saad View Post
wow....suspicious pax huh????i wonder how they would be decide who is suspicious or not????
beard and skullcap would be the sole criterion probably, if the security guy votes for one of the right wing parties.
hserus is offline  
Old May 3, 10, 8:20 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,678
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
beard and skullcap would be the sole criterion probably, if the security guy votes for one of the right wing parties.
there is a good chance the security guy at the airport would have a beard (maybe not a skullcap)....what happens then????
Keyser is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread