Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Clipper Lounge - Mumbai Intl Airport Review

Old Jan 7, 10, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

I've read lot of bad stories about Clipper Lounge in Mumbai CSIA. I visited the lounge today not expecting much but was very pleased with the service.

Great sandwiches, Veg and Non Veg Meals - Biryani etc., good collection of alcoholic drinks and great coffee, clean restrooms etc.

Its among the best Priority Pass lounges I have visited (comparing to London Servisair, and Madrid airport)

I think its much better than CO's Presidents Club and Virgin Clubhouse at Newark.

Only drawback is it can get very crowded(but it cleared up 10 mins after I came in).
Old Jan 8, 10, 9:14 am

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
I've read lot of bad stories about Clipper Lounge in Mumbai CSIA. I visited the lounge today not expecting much but was very pleased with the service.

Great sandwiches, Veg and Non Veg Meals - Biryani etc., good collection of alcoholic drinks and great coffee, clean restrooms etc.

Its among the best Priority Pass lounges I have visited (comparing to London Servisair, and Madrid airport)

I think its much better than CO's Presidents Club and Virgin Clubhouse at Newark.

Only drawback is it can get very crowded(but it cleared up 10 mins after I came in).

I thought that also, read teh bad reviews on-line, but when I showed up it was a great expericnce.. Newark's CO lounge is far worst, they only had crackers, cookies and some cheese with beer and wine..
Old Jan 8, 10, 7:11 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
You'd have to do a lot to beat the typical US lounge.
Old Jan 9, 10, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You'd have to do a lot to beat the typical US lounge.
I think you perhaps meant you dont have to do a lot to beat the typical US lounge....

Old Jan 9, 10, 8:48 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
well .. i was thinking more in terms of a race to the bottom ..
perhaps a lot of people here have to fly UA / NW etc domestic on a regular basis, and they would suddenly count their blessings when flying IC.
Old Apr 22, 10, 6:01 pm
Suspended

What's the admittance criterion?
Old Apr 23, 10, 7:03 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Yaatri View Post
What's the admittance criterion?
I have used this lounge a couple of times when they allowed mastercard gold to access these free of charge.. But not anymore

AFAIK, most airlines who dont have their own lounge have a contract with this lounge and most business class and elite pax are given the lounge pass...

BUT, I hv not travelled thru BOM Intl for some time now.. maybe someone can correct the above or add there r some other criterion also..

thanks
Abhi
Old Apr 23, 10, 7:05 am

Its among the best Priority Pass lounges I have visited
wanted to know whether they match the Priority pass name with the boarding pass ..my bro has 2 Priority passes and I can use one if they don't do this match..
Old Apr 24, 10, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
wanted to know whether they match the Priority pass name with the boarding pass ..my bro has 2 Priority passes and I can use one if they don't do this match..
they do match the names (or atleast they did when i used it a couple of years ago)....
Old Apr 26, 10, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by saad View Post
they do match the names (or atleast they did when i used it a couple of years ago)....
hmmm...
my bro uses it frequntly and his has never been checked..and hence was wondering.. but seems no..
Old Apr 9, 12, 2:49 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, KLM Flying Blue
Showers

Does anyone know if the lounge has shower access? Flying KLM.
Old Apr 16, 12, 5:01 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, 9WPlat, PCGold, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattExplorist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by Stockycub1973 View Post
Does anyone know if the lounge has shower access? Flying KLM.
the biz class side does not. complete review is here: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...rt-terminal-2/
Old Aug 7, 13, 4:03 am

Clipper Lounge

I'm travelling by Jet Airways Flight from Muscat, arrival time in Mumbai @ 4:30 in Mumbai, so my next Jet Airways Connecting flight is @ 12:05, can I access this Clipper Lounge until the time period of my Next Connecting Flight?

Also I'm holding a Silver Membership Card of Jet Airways, please can you please tell me where is this Clipper Lounge located in Domestic Airport?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: