Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

How can I ship a suitcase from Mumbai to Delhi?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver

Yet another question for you India experts.
I'm flying into BOM with a lot of luggage (due to two small children and a variety of destinations with both hot and cold weather). I'll be taking a bunch of internal flights around India on LCCs, ending up in Delhi, which will be my departure point from India. My international luggage allowance is nice and large (I'm travelling in C) but my lowest domestic allowance is much less (20kg per person). I'm wondering if I can stage some of our colder-weather stuff by shipping it somehow from our transit hotel in Mumbai to the house where we'll be staying in Delhi, so I don't have to carry it around (and can lighten the suitcases that I do carry).
Can anyone advise me on the most reliable/safe way to ship a suitcase from city to city? I'll be arriving in BOM late and leaving at noon the next day, so I'd ideally have all arrangements for pick-up and shipping set in advance, and not have to do any special packaging.
Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 6:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold
Best and fast way for it is to contact DHL.. they can transfer your luggage in much cheaper and faster.. for further information about dhl go to: http://www.dhl.co.in/publish/in/en/p..._exp.high.html
Old Nov 4, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Courier .. DHL (or rather their Indian affiliate Blue Dart), Fedex (their indian affiliate is Pafex), etc. It'll cost you rather cheaper than taking it on the flight and paying excess baggage.

But remember .. if your domestic ticket is a segment on your international ticket, or you've got interlined bags, through checkin to your destination etc .. then you can just check your luggage through to Delhi.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Thanks for the help! My internal flights are on different tickets (and on several different airlines) than my international flights, so I can't interline.

I'll check with Blue Dart and Pafex to see whether one of them will pick up from our transit hotel.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:32 pm

http://sites.google.com/site/globexwwc7/home

never used them for baggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.