Wiki Posts
Search

AI J class Service ?Pyjamas

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-PM Continental-PM
AI J class Service ?Pyjamas

Been looking into flying AI nonstop service from NY-DEL...several trip reports mention ammenities in J being very generous compared to other airlines....just curious if AI does officially pass out complete ammenities including PJ's in J class all the time..or is it only when F loads are light/non-existent? long flight...probably would pack my own pair just to be safe! Nevertheless, curious to hear recent experiences.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 1:58 am

Programs: United Milage Plus, Sky Team
Originally Posted by dravi
Been looking into flying AI nonstop service from NY-DEL...several trip reports mention ammenities in J being very generous compared to other airlines....just curious if AI does officially pass out complete ammenities including PJ's in J class all the time..or is it only when F loads are light/non-existent? long flight...probably would pack my own pair just to be safe! Nevertheless, curious to hear recent experiences.
AI is on the brink of extinction, with billion dollar losses so dont expect much.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 9:23 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, United Mileage Plus silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Storm9
AI is on the brink of extinction, with billion dollar losses so dont expect much.
i read in the news somewhere that the govt is willing to spend 1.6 billion rupees to keep the airline going
Old Jul 29, 2009, 8:07 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by Storm9
They won't go out of business. If they did, how would the Prime Minister go on his int'l visits ? He gets an Air India 747 for himself.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
And I thought they would serve a DHOTI as it is a cheaper option ???
Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
And I thought they would serve a DHOTI as it is a cheaper option ???
or a Lungi ;-)
Old Aug 13, 2009, 1:25 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
dravi: There was a time when AI's stuff used to be good. Sadly, times (and AI's financial position) have changed...
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:42 am

Programs: AA-LT Plat; BA-CCR & LT Gold; SQ-Solitaire; DL-Plat; SPG-LT Plat; HHonors-Diamond; Hyatt-Globalist
I flew the AI non stop from JFK to BOM in J class last month so I am speaking on the basis of recent experience.
I loved the service and the close to brand new planes. I did recieve pajamas, they were OK quality (I would say similar to the ones that 9W offers in their business class in terms of feel). I was not sure if they offered them because of light loads in First class.
The beverages and food service was timely and efficient and the quality of the food including the western option was really very good. I had the ethnic option for dinner and the western option for the second meal.
I love the like new plane feel and the fact that they seem to have picked out the best of their crew members to staff these planes (this conclusion by me draws upon all the horrible posts I have read about AI staff being not the greatest to put it mildly) because the crew I dealt with were courteous, helpful and attentive.
Finally, gotta love the non stop option.
If they were with One World - I would definitely fly the non stop on my monthly trips to India, until then it will mostly be AA to DEL from ORD for the mileage benefits.
Give it a try-and you may be pleasantly surprised with the NEW AIR INDIA
PS:I have no affiliation with AI :-)

Last edited by traveltot; Aug 14, 2009 at 8:44 am Reason: grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.