Wiki Posts
Search

9W YYZ-DEL in J: What to expect?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2008, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator/EK Gold
9W YYZ-DEL in J: What to expect?

I have flown 9W on the DEL-LHR route several times in F in the 77W. I am well versed with their F offering.

However, the flight to YYZ is a 332. I know that the 332s have both SAA style six abreast and the newer Herringbone arrangement in J.

My questions therefore are:
1.Which of these aircraft should one expect? Can anyone recommend a preferred seat?
2.Do they have a turn down service, with mattress pad, etc.?
3.Do they offer PJs in J or should one bring one's own?
4.Can one transit BRU with liquids (i.e. dutyfree alcohol)?

Thanks for any responses in advance.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Million-Miler Lifetime Premier Executive, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DELYOW
I have flown 9W on the DEL-LHR route several times in F in the 77W. I am well versed with their F offering.

However, the flight to YYZ is a 332. I know that the 332s have both SAA style six abreast and the newer Herringbone arrangement in J.

My questions therefore are:
1.Which of these aircraft should one expect? Can anyone recommend a preferred seat?
2.Do they have a turn down service, with mattress pad, etc.?
3.Do they offer PJs in J or should one bring one's own?
4.Can one transit BRU with liquids (i.e. dutyfree alcohol)?

Thanks for any responses in advance.
Since you have experienced 9W in F class on the 77W, do you have a favorite seat, and for what reason(s)?
Thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
DELYOW

For the seat maps have a look here:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Jet...A330-200_B.php

You can see both Airbus 320 types. If it is version 2 as per my link, then pick a seat on the K side otherwise you will have pax facing you from the middle "D" section.

No turn down service, mattress pads or pyjamas last time I flew this config but then again it was a day flight. I am taking a night flight to SIN tomorrow so will post back if these are offered.

More details can be found here:

http://www.jetairways.com/Cultures/e...+Service/#PREM

Don't know the answer to the BRU liquid question, but have a search on the BA forum as you may find the answer there. I seem to remember someone starting a thread about taking liquids through EU airports whilst in transit.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

manicflyer9:
I prefer seats 1A or 2A. They are single window/aisle seats. The nice thing about this aisle is that it is quieter than the G/K aisle since the fwd galley is on this side of the aircraft. I have had 2D in the past and that's fine too. The suites are really private and really don't feel you have someone next to you once you raise the partition.

BA1A:
I look forward to your feedback from the SIN flight!
Old Sep 18, 2008, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Million-Miler Lifetime Premier Executive, Hilton HHonors Diamond
manicflyer9:
I prefer seats 1A or 2A. They are single window/aisle seats. The nice thing about this aisle is that it is quieter than the G/K aisle since the fwd galley is on this side of the aircraft. I have had 2D in the past and that's fine too. The suites are really private and really don't feel you have someone next to you once you raise the partition.

BA1A:
I look forward to your feedback from the SIN flight!
Thanks for your courteous reply.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 8:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
So my report from the shorti(ish) night flight from BOM to SIN is as follows;

Seats - excellent, but as I said before you have to get one of the K side when travelling in that config otherwise you are facing another pax for the whole trip if you sit in A or D.

Turn down service - no, in that they don't make the bed for you, like they do in BA F however there is a mattress pad and a quilt and blanket and plenty of pillows. The seat goes fully flat and there is the Do Not Disturb button.

AVOD was excellent as ever with loads of choice. Food was crap but that's normal when flying out of BOM on most airlines. Drinks were fantastic - lovely chilled Dom Perignon champagne.

PJs = no.

Amenity Kit = yes. Bvlgari products in black bag.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA1A

Turn down service - no, in that they don't make the bed for you, like they do in BA F however there is a mattress pad and a quilt and blanket and plenty of pillows. The seat goes fully flat and there is the Do Not Disturb button.
I find that 9W is inconsistent. The staff will almost always help you with turn down service if you ask.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 11:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by enjoystravel
I find that 9W is inconsistent. The staff will almost always help you with turn down service if you ask.
I find the staff do not volunteer anything at all including refill of your wine/champagne glass. I got tired of ringing the bell every time I needed something. Normally I never ring the bell and let the attendants ask me for what I need. This peculiar to 9W first class. I even had to ask for my sleeping suit and wine with meals
Old Sep 19, 2008, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by BA1A
So my report from the shorti(ish) night flight from BOM to SIN is as follows;

Seats - excellent, but as I said before you have to get one of the K side when travelling in that config otherwise you are facing another pax for the whole trip if you sit in A or D.

AVOD was excellent as ever with loads of choice. Food was crap but that's normal when flying out of BOM on most airlines. Drinks were fantastic - lovely chilled Dom Perignon champagne.

PJs = no.

Amenity Kit = yes. Bvlgari products in black bag.
I usually find the Y food is bad, with C food excellent....Bvlgari was pulled when I last flew BOM-SIN some months ago, along with the PJ's!

I guess they reinstated the amenity bag, after my complaints....(and possibly others)

PJ's have been on/off over the years for BOM-SIN...

Yes, the Dom is awesome! ^ (this is one reason, along with the flat beds, that I would choose 9w over another airline...how is SQ doing with their new 77w's?)
Old Sep 19, 2008, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by enjoystravel
I find that 9W is inconsistent.
Yes, it really depends on the crew - some of the female FA's just prance around trying to appear "hot" and do nothing, other FA's (both male/female) are seriously compassionate and are great at their job. ^
Old Sep 19, 2008, 12:20 pm

The suites are really private and really don't feel you have someone next to you once you raise the partition.
You have to raise the partition? Oh, between the 2 suites in the center section, correct?
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
You have to raise the partition? Oh, between the 2 suites in the center section, correct?
Yes, that's what I meant - between the centre suites.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

BA1A
Thanks for your report. This is most helpful in setting expectations. The mattress pad is a welcome perk. AC has the same herringbone layout, and the seats are most uncomfortable to sleep on without mattress pads. Will also remember to pack my own PJs. The PJs they give out in F are very comfortable and every member of family now has one of their own!

I agree with all the observations that inflight service is inconsistent on 9W, including in F. The male crew are definitely more professional. But (gasp!!) they do compare poorly with F service on AI. I also find that the food is consistently better on AI, esp in F and J.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Final questions, gentlemen and ladies:
1. Are there showers at the Brussels lounge? The 9W website talks about showers in the F lounge but mentions nothing about the Premiere.
2.Any advantages to taking a seat in the second Business class sections over the forward cabin on a 332?

Many thanks
DELYOW
Old Sep 28, 2008, 11:54 pm

Final questions, gentlemen and ladies:
1. Are there showers at the Brussels lounge? The 9W website talks about showers in the F lounge but mentions nothing about the Premiere.
2.Any advantages to taking a seat in the second Business class sections over the forward cabin on a 332?

Many thanks
DELYOW
1. No idea about the showers - in Premiere we had access to the same lounge as F pax, I think...and showers were available, but I never tried to use them.

2. Second cabin is smaller on the 332 - your preference then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.