Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Kingfisher BOM-LHR from Oct 26 + mention of CMB, MLE & BKK

Old Sep 4, 08, 11:32 am
Original Poster

http://www.livemint.com/2008/09/0421...-flig.html?h=B
Old Sep 6, 08, 3:16 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (GM)
I'm confused about his 2-class service. That article says Kingfisher First and Kingfisher Premium economy. I thought his "First" class was going to be like the business class of the nicer airlines out there and that economy would be standard? Anyone know?
Old Sep 6, 08, 9:21 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Well, leather seats and seatback TV, cute FAs etc qualify it as premium economy I guess (though kingfisher domestic legroom is nothing much to write home about after 9W removed a whole row in their economy..)
Old Sep 6, 08, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
can FFP partners use miles to redeem on IT's inlt flights?
Old Sep 8, 08, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
can FFP partners use miles to redeem on IT's inlt flights?
You have to look at the partner's FFP. For example, if you want to use World Perks miles, look uo world perks award redemption rules.
Old Sep 11, 08, 10:32 am

Has anybody tried their new service to LHR ? Amenities onboard seem great !
Old Sep 16, 08, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
“The London-Mumbai flights would have connectivity to Colombo, Bangkok, Maldives and Male,” Mallya said.

Seems like Mallya or author of the article might have been sipping on a few Kingfishers beforehand.
Old Sep 17, 08, 2:15 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by lallyr View Post
“The London-Mumbai flights would have connectivity to Colombo, Bangkok, Maldives and Male,” Mallya said.

Seems like Mallya or author of the article might have been sipping on a few Kingfishers beforehand.
That, I'm sure, happened!
Old Sep 19, 08, 4:07 am

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Showmanship and little credibility

Over time, Mallya has made clear that he sacrifices credibility and truth for showmanship. He makes stmts that he himself contradicts days, weeks or months later. He assumes that press and customers have short memories and don't care as long as the show is exciting.

He promised so many routes that never materialized. Notice that even in Sep, he talks about a flt on BLR-SFO route in Oct or Nov. How can one be sof vague so close to an important launch of a whole new destination.

He had teased us about BLR-SFO as the first planned intnl flt for over 2 yrs and introduced BLR-LHR instead.

He has been talking about how great things are while reporting massive losses. On a recent flt that I was on, the A320 flt had less than 50% occupancy during peak hrs. The staff were saying the loads were poor. The next day there is some press comment he makes about how well they are doing.

I wouldn't put much store by CMB, Male flts. BKK is possible. I have lost faith in IT. I hope they raise enough cash to survive.
Old Sep 28, 08, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I don't think Mallya expected this economic downturn.
Old Sep 28, 08, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
I would not worry about Kingfisher and cash, As long as India keeps on drinking Kingfisher Beer, he can go on subsidising his Airline. The Airline is nothing but what a toy train set is to a little kid!
Old Sep 28, 08, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by d3vski View Post
I would not worry about Kingfisher and cash, As long as India keeps on drinking Kingfisher Beer, he can go on subsidising his Airline. The Airline is nothing but what a toy train set is to a little kid!
True. But business travelers, as well as leisure travelers, need an airline, not a toy train that runs at the whims of a little boy. Mallya has made so many unfulfilled promises that it's bound to make people wonder how reliable his word is.
Old Sep 28, 08, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by Yaatri View Post
True. But business travelers, as well as leisure travelers, need an airline, not a toy train that runs at the whims of a little boy. Mallya has made so many unfulfilled promises that it's bound to make people wonder how reliable his word is.
Thats exactly what i meant. Mallya talks big but he does not deliver. Hes like a kid in the playground with a new toy and over exaggerating at what it can do. The airline is nothing but an extension of his ego.
Old Oct 5, 08, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by d3vski View Post
....As long as India keeps on drinking Kingfisher Beer, he can go on subsidising his Airline. ....
Actually as long as he pays off politicians - and ensures that foreign liquor is taxed at >150% in India - he can go on subsidizing his airline with his protected liquor business....
Old Oct 5, 08, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by CTPremEx View Post
Actually as long as he pays off politicians - and ensures that foreign liquor is taxed at >150% in India - he can go on subsidizing his airline with his protected liquor business....
I heard somewhere that he controls around 95% of the liquour market!

apparently the only way foreign liquor companies can avoid the extortionate tax is to set up breweries in india or get in bed with someone who is already established and owns breweries. I have also heard that he owns the licences to brew foreign branded liquor in India, thus avoiding the tax but it allows him to take a cut of sales, so in effect he so he has a monopolistic dictatorship in the liquor market in India.

please correct me if i am wrong!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: