Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

MAA - priority immigration line for J/F pax

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2008, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver

The rightmost counter (the one close to the immigration department's office) now has a sign "first and business class". They earlier had dedicated lines only for handicapped people, diplomats and PIO card holders.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
Excellent news. I have suggested this for the last two years at the airport to airlines and authorities both verbally and in writing and pleased to see action taken. Curiously getting in MAA is very quick, but getting out used to have long lines.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drbala
Excellent news. I have suggested this for the last two years at the airport to airlines and authorities both verbally and in writing and pleased to see action taken. Curiously getting in MAA is very quick, but getting out used to have long lines.
Well, I flew into MAA yesterday night and they now have a dedicated J/F line for arrivals immigration as well (extreme left line)
Old Jun 14, 2008, 6:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Is there someone verifying J/F credentials to thwart illicit use?
Old Jun 14, 2008, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Babu
Is there someone verifying J/F credentials to thwart illicit use?
They ask for BPs
Old Jun 17, 2008, 3:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
I flew out of MAA yesterday. The attendant where the lines begin checks your boarding pass, filled in form and passport and directs you to the right area. It took me 1 minute to clear a near miracle. This is a lesson not to just blame airport authorities and groan as they also listen and accept valide requests. Well it has taken 5 years though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.