Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Flying BOM-PVG-SFO in J late June; Any advice?

Old Jun 7, 08, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond

I'm flying BOM-PVG-SFO in revenue J late June. Any advice? I'm planning on stopping over in PVG for a day.
Old Jun 7, 08, 9:35 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by enjoystravel View Post
I'm flying BOM-PVG-SFO in revenue J late June. Any advice? I'm planning on stopping over in PVG for a day.
That flight arrives at PVG at a very unearthly hour .. but PVG is a great city, with unbelievable food. Not sure if the maglev to the city operates at that early a hour so you might want to find an arrivals lounge to freshen up before you head into the city.
Old Jun 10, 08, 4:21 am

Programs: UA1k
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Not sure if the maglev to the city operates at that early a hour so you might want to find an arrivals lounge to freshen up before you head into the city.
Schedule for Maglev. Last train seems to be around 9.30.
http://www.smtdc.com/en/jszl1_2.asp.

I haven't found an arrivals lounge in PVG, could be wrong as I probably didn't look for it enough.
Old Jun 11, 08, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA1k
Some suggestions for day in Shanghai

a) Visit the bund at night and take one of those dinner river cruise
b) Go to buddha temple
c) Visit YuYuan garden
d) Go to Xintiandi for a drink
e) Walk along Nanjing Rd
f) Go up the JinMao building and Pearl tower
e) If you are interested in museums, the one in people square is a decent one (can't vouch for it as I've not been there)
f) If you are interested in some shopping, go to fake market in the Shanghai Science and Technolgy Metro station. Golden rule of haggling: Start at 30% and leave so that they call you back.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: