9W BOM - HKG Non Stop !!

Old Mar 19, 08, 11:13 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Programs: SQ PPS, 9W PLT,Hyatt GP,IC G, HH G
Posts: 4
Thumbs up 9W BOM - HKG Non Stop !!

This anyday beats the stopover at SIN with SQ .. Some vital stats for everyone to savor.

[KVS Availability Tool 3.0.3/ Amadeus: Timetable/NL-BCDF]

BOM Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji IN [VABB]
HKG Hong Kong Int'l HK [VHHH]
TUE 15 Apr 2008 - 22 Apr 2008

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Frequency | Dur'n | Dep T | Arr T | Effect | Ending | Exceptions
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ----------------------------------------------------------------
9W 42 BOM 01:00 HKG 09:15 332 0 1234567 05:45 2 - 14 Apr 25 Oct

[KVS Availability Tool 3.0.3/Sabre: ITN/UK-ASB]

BOM Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji IN [VABB]
HKG Hong Kong Int'l HK [VHHH]
FRI 18 Apr 2008

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- -----------------------------------------
9W 42 BOM 01:00 HKG 09:15 332 0 C7 J7 Z6 I3 Y7 M7 T7 U7 N7 L7 Q7 S7 K7 H7
ai-see is offline  
Old Mar 19, 08, 9:51 pm
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,156
The return flights are showing up as well:
[KVS Availability Tool 3.0.5/Platinum - Amadeus: Timetable/NL-BCDF]
Code:
HKG  Hong Kong Int'l HK [VHHH]
BOM  Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji IN [VABB]
MON  01 Sep 2008 - 08 Sep 2008

Carrier   Flight From Depart    To   Arrive    A/C  St   Frequency | Dur'n | Dep T | Arr T | Effect | Ending | Exceptions
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ---------------------------------------------------------------- 
9W        41     HKG  19:05     BOM  23:10     332  0    1234567     06:35       -       2   14 Apr   25 Oct
Are the planes going to sit on the ground for the 10 hours? That's a long time to leave the a/c idle, unless they are using that as the necessary crew rest to allow the same crew to fly it back to BOM as a second shift after 8 hours off, albeit in the middle of the day.
sbm12 is offline  
Old Mar 19, 08, 11:03 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Living in SIN™
Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Posts: 6,650
Now all 9W needs to start is a BOM-NRT flight and they'll have captured a significant bit of SQ's ex-BOM business pax.
Savage25 is offline  
Old Mar 19, 08, 11:53 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: ATL
Programs: Delta SkyMiles (GM)
Posts: 431
Looks like the timings also compete with CX's new nonstops. That'll be interesting to see.
G-man82 is offline  
Old Mar 21, 08, 12:11 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: ATL
Programs: Delta SkyMiles (GM)
Posts: 431
The exact details for this route can be found on the 9W Hong Kong website now. They start the service on April 14, 2008. I'm in the CX forums a lot, and apparently CX views 9W's entry into the India-HKG market as a threat and is going to consider rotating their 747s and 330's with new long-haul product and 3 class service into their India routes to compete. This really will get interesting. Right now they use 2 class 777-200s/300's (not the ER versions) with 2-class service and regional J.
G-man82 is offline  
Old Mar 22, 08, 9:09 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MAA
Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Posts: 2,798
Viewing it as a threat - they show better sense than SQ, still using regional J and telling someoone on FT they dont bother to compete with LCCs, when asked about 9W's flights to SIN compared to theirs

Originally Posted by G-man82 View Post
The exact details for this route can be found on the 9W Hong Kong website now. They start the service on April 14, 2008. I'm in the CX forums a lot, and apparently CX views 9W's entry into the India-HKG market as a threat and is going to consider rotating their 747s and 330's with new long-haul product and 3 class service into their India routes to compete. This really will get interesting. Right now they use 2 class 777-200s/300's (not the ER versions) with 2-class service and regional J.
hserus is offline  
Old Mar 22, 08, 9:24 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Living in SIN™
Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Posts: 6,650
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Viewing it as a threat - they show better sense than SQ, still using regional J and telling someoone on FT they dont bother to compete with LCCs, when asked about 9W's flights to SIN compared to theirs
SQ is changing their DEL and BOM night flights to the 77W from June/July as well.
Savage25 is offline  
Old Mar 22, 08, 9:30 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MAA
Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Posts: 2,798
Originally Posted by Savage25 View Post
SQ is changing their DEL and BOM night flights to the 77W from June/July as well.
Being based out of MAA and trying as I do to avoid DEL/BOM transits like the plague, fat lot of good that does me

Especially PO'd with SQ after they said they had rebooked me onto an earlier flight today (NH codeshare to NRT).. did that on the phone about 6 hours before I flew out, got my bags checked through on that flight to NRT. And then got NH not boarding me on that flight for whatever reason (they saw my name booked, but there was some issue with the ticket.. standard eticket booked on singaporeair.com so dont know why).

Oh well. Once I have found out from SQ MAA what the exact issue was, I'll go rant on the SQ board.
hserus is offline  
Old Mar 22, 08, 7:54 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: California
Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,231
Non-hub flying

N9W is taking a big risk in expanding so aggressively at a time when oil prices are so high. They seem to be keen on gaining market share. The BRU strategy has worked brilliantly for them because of hub approach.

I doubt if HKG can support such demand without a hub or connecting flts. Maybe they will connect from HKG. It will be interesting to wait and watch.
enjoystravel is offline  
Old Mar 22, 08, 10:22 pm
  #10  
formerly gemini573
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: LAX, HKG, and BKK
Programs: CX DM (Emerald), former Hyatt DM, and current Marriott Gold.
Posts: 2,215
Will be interesting indeed. AI has two flights from BOM to HKG; 314 & 358. One arriving a little over an hour after the other one. CX will have 11x weekly flights to Mumbai. CX 751 via BKK (4x weekly) and the daily nonstop on CX 685. I know CX 751, aka the milk run does extremely well. The new non-stop will be able catch the connecting flights from LAX and SFO, which I'm sure this flight will do well. I just wonder who 9W will partner with out of HKG?
77W_12A is offline  
Old Mar 23, 08, 7:58 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MAA
Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Posts: 2,798
There's a huge Indian population - most of it traders - in HKG, and their traditional Indian base is either BOM or AMD .. mostly BOM. So O&D traffic on those routes is very good. If it was a daytime arrivals bird, I'd prefer it to connecting through SIN or BKK - makes the flight just that much longer.

Originally Posted by gemini573 View Post
Will be interesting indeed. AI has two flights from BOM to HKG; 314 & 358. One arriving a little over an hour after the other one. CX will have 11x weekly flights to Mumbai. CX 751 via BKK (4x weekly) and the daily nonstop on CX 685. I know CX 751, aka the milk run does extremely well. The new non-stop will be able catch the connecting flights from LAX and SFO, which I'm sure this flight will do well. I just wonder who 9W will partner with out of HKG?
hserus is offline  
Old Mar 23, 08, 8:09 am
  #12  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 37,353
Originally Posted by enjoystravel View Post
N9W is taking a big risk in expanding so aggressively at a time when oil prices are so high. They seem to be keen on gaining market share. The BRU strategy has worked brilliantly for them because of hub approach.

I doubt if HKG can support such demand without a hub or connecting flts. Maybe they will connect from HKG. It will be interesting to wait and watch.
HKG as a destination itself can sustain itself on O&D traffic. Also with all the new aircraft coming in 9W is bound to expand eastward. Who knows what 9W has in the works in terms of using HKG as a hub towards the east. Oz?
oliver2002 is offline  
Old Mar 23, 08, 9:48 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Circle City
Posts: 3,562
Originally Posted by enjoystravel View Post
I doubt if HKG can support such demand without a hub or connecting flts. Maybe they will connect from HKG. It will be interesting to wait and watch.
With rampant speculation that 9W is heading down the Oneworld path, they may indeed get their connections in the long run.
Darren is offline  
Old Mar 23, 08, 10:00 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MAA
Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Posts: 2,798
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
With rampant speculation that 9W is heading down the Oneworld path, they may indeed get their connections in the long run.
Setting up a flight to HKG in direct competition to CX is sure to get them into oneworld, yeah right.

They seem to be cherrypicking codeshares and ffp partners across alliances + with some independents (like QR I think)?
hserus is offline  
Old Mar 23, 08, 11:19 am
  #15  
formerly gemini573
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: LAX, HKG, and BKK
Programs: CX DM (Emerald), former Hyatt DM, and current Marriott Gold.
Posts: 2,215
I think the heat is definitely on for CX. They're now offering bonus miles on routes to India. It's just amazing how quickly CX, 9W, etc., have moved on increasing frequencies and routes just as soon the bilateral between HKG and India was signed. Now, just hoping for some promotional fares.
77W_12A is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread