Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Indian carriers and size of checked in suitcases

Old Feb 17, 08, 5:25 pm
RSC
Original Poster

Hi

I am due to fly on Jetlite internal flights. I am travelling from abroad. Does anyone know what if there are specific measurements of the checked in suitcase are ie in cms or inches??
Old Feb 18, 08, 7:41 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Whatever you take on a US flight as checkin should work just fine. Just the weight restriction.
Old Feb 18, 08, 8:47 am

Programs: AA-LT Plat; BA-CCR & LT Gold; SQ-SolitairePPS; DL-Plat; SPG-LT Plat; HHonors-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
If your ticket has been issued as a dollar fare then the North American piece concept is allowed for travelling. If purchased a rupee fare the restrictions are a bit tighter. The best resource is Jetlite's website where they have specified luggage allowance.
Old Feb 18, 08, 10:17 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Welcome to FT, RSC!

Originally Posted by traveltot View Post
If your ticket has been issued as a dollar fare then the North American piece concept is allowed for travelling. If purchased a rupee fare the restrictions are a bit tighter. The best resource is Jetlite's website where they have specified luggage allowance.
Interesting - I never knew this...but I never had any problems anyway...

However, a friend of mine flying GoAir was charged for his bags being overweight tonight, fwiw! (That should be expected, I would think!)
Old Feb 19, 08, 12:35 am

Programs: Delta-Platinum
Jet airways provides 2 piece bag only on full dollar fare. For discount economy dollar fare it offers 30 kgs but not the piece rate system. The only exception to this is when flying in to India and connecting on Jet or flying out of India through an internal connection. So if there is no stop over then the 2 piece checked luggage policy applies regardless if it is a Rupee fare or Dollar fare.
Old Feb 19, 08, 5:39 pm
Suspended

I've always been able to get Jet and Sahara (now JetLite) to apply the 2-piece rule even with stopovers, when the ticket is part of an international dollar-fare ticket. In other words I show them that my previous flight (or next flight) is international, and they don't bother to check whether it's a connection or stopover.

Others have had different experiences, though.

Search this Thread