Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

NEWS! Jet Airways (9W) now a FULL AAdvantage Partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWS! Jet Airways (9W) now a FULL AAdvantage Partner

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2008, 4:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
What about status matching?

If Jet is FULL AAdvantage partner do they match AA status? It is done in Oneworld.
What happens when a AAEXP flies Jet economy? Where does he/she check in? What lounges will they use?
I called AAEXP desk They are not sure.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:03 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
As a LH *G and KL plat (both statuses recognized by 9W) I've had priority checkin, priority baggage tags, and lounge access from 9W - but no upgrades yet - flying cheap Y fares on domestic flights.

Originally Posted by drbala
If Jet is FULL AAdvantage partner do they match AA status? It is done in Oneworld.
What happens when a AAEXP flies Jet economy? Where does he/she check in? What lounges will they use?
I called AAEXP desk They are not sure.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AA EXP
I am flying AA 5676 (operated by Jet) from MAA to BRU and then on to AA 89 from BRU to ORD in Business. Do I get to use the Jet Airways Premiere Lounge in BRU or do I have to trudge to the Admirals Club? Also, anyone know if the BRU Admirals Club have showers? Thanks!!
Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:51 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Anyone seen points post yet to AA from non-codeshare 9W flights?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Anyone seen points post yet to AA from non-codeshare 9W flights?
Mine were posted in three days for a flight I took in Feb end
Old Mar 7, 2008, 5:54 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by nxsahraw
I am flying AA 5676 (operated by Jet) from MAA to BRU and then on to AA 89 from BRU to ORD in Business. Do I get to use the Jet Airways Premiere Lounge in BRU or do I have to trudge to the Admirals Club? Also, anyone know if the BRU Admirals Club have showers? Thanks!!
There is no AC in BRU, they use BA's Terraces lounge which is actually better in terms of food etc... Not sure about BA showers, 9W yes. I have no idea whether 9W lets arriving pax use their lounge for pax transiting to AA but it looks like something negotiable... This being said and given the difference in service quality between AA and 9W, in your place I'd fly on 9W to JFK, EWR or YYZ as an AA code share and connect on AA to ORD, which is probably the same price.

Last edited by Cofyknsult; Mar 7, 2008 at 7:20 am
Old Mar 7, 2008, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
There is no AC in BRU, they use BA's Terraces lounge which is actually better in terms of food etc... Not sure about BA showers, 9W yes. I have no idea whether 9W lets arriving pax use their lounge for pax transiting to AA but it looks like something negotiable... This being said and given the difference in service quality between AA and 9W, in your place I'd fly on 9W to JFK, EWR or YYZ as an AA code share and connect on AA to ORD, which is probably the same price.
I did actually look into it. AA Codeshare on Jet operated Trans Atlantic flights did not show up in any searches I did .... will have to settle for AA TATL
Old Mar 8, 2008, 6:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
No showers in the BA lounge at BRU that I can ever recall coming across in the past decade.

SN Brussels lounge has shower arrangements, but that lounge is something AA's biz and first class flyers get access to but that OneWorld Sapphires and Emeralds do not get access to.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
No showers in the BA lounge at BRU that I can ever recall coming across in the past decade.

SN Brussels lounge has shower arrangements, but that lounge is something AA's biz and first class flyers get access to but that OneWorld Sapphires and Emeralds do not get access to.
Do you know if the SN Brussels lounge is in the samer terminal or the same general area around the AA gates?
Old Mar 15, 2008, 8:27 am

FYI, I was able to use the Jet Airways lounge in Brussels yesterday. They also arranged for a shower in a separate lounge.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Do you know if the SN Brussels lounge is in the samer terminal or the same general area around the AA gates?
Yes. Same terminal, but a good walk. The lounges (SN, BA, etc) are located at the beginning of the terminal just after screening.

The US bound flights usually leave from close to the far end of the terminal...a good walk.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Brussels transit area?

Can anyone confirm the transit arrangements in Brussels for westbound flights (i.e. BOM - EWR), i.e. whether through passengers are forced to deplane, whether through passengers are forced into a holding pen, whether First/business passengers have access to the Jet Airways Premiere Lounge (and showers) during the stop? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 8:12 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Can anyone confirm the transit arrangements in Brussels for westbound flights (i.e. BOM - EWR), i.e. whether through passengers are forced to deplane, whether through passengers are forced into a holding pen, whether First/business passengers have access to the Jet Airways Premiere Lounge (and showers) during the stop? Thanks in advance!
Yes, you are forced to deplane, and then biz pax have access to Jet's exclusive lounge at BRU, but a walk around, plus more security...ridiculous, actually!

Note the comment below regarding the showers....

The lounge at BRU is not bad actually - much better than SQ's in terms of quality food/offerings, most others...but a bit small...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Jul 21, 2008 at 8:45 am Reason: Added comments..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.