FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   9W to BKK can we thru check onto a TG connection? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/784913-9w-bkk-can-we-thru-check-onto-tg-connection.html)

onlysuites Jan 30, 2008 12:12 am

9W to BKK can we thru check onto a TG connection?

Got a flight to BKK on 9W and then a domestic connection to HKT on TG. I have two seperate tickets for this journey. Can 9W check-in my bags till HKT from DEL? Also will they issue me a boarding pass in DEL or will I need to get that from a transfer desk in BKK?

Has anyone tried booking TG from DEL to BKK now days? They need a A380 on this route. Can never get any seats.

hserus Jan 30, 2008 1:00 am

They should be able to check your luggage through. Not too sure you will be able to get a boarding pass for your TG sector though.

onlysuites Jan 30, 2008 2:39 am

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 9159341)
They should be able to check your luggage through. Not too sure you will be able to get a boarding pass for your TG sector though.

Thanks! Can anyone else confirm this? I am getting different results from
9W ticketing.

onlysuites Jan 31, 2008 12:00 am

I was just wondering what what happens to the 9W metal that flies into BKK at 7am. Does it wait all day for the return journey at 6pm? Seems like a major waste for a aircraft to be grounded for 11+ hrs everyday.

hserus Jan 31, 2008 4:49 am

Probably takes pax back BKK-MAA or BOM, and then flies empty back to DEL (unless a BOM-DEL scheduled flight out of Jet's several flights a day is a 330 in which case it carries passengers on its way back)

SuperFlyBoy Jan 31, 2008 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 9166200)
(unless a BOM-DEL scheduled flight out of Jet's several flights a day is a 330 in which case it carries passengers on its way back)

Has my wish come true?? :p :D

I don't recall them flying the 332's between metros just yet, although I have been continuously requesting this....! :cool:

Yaatri Jan 31, 2008 1:50 pm

Probably takes pax back BKK-MAA or BOM, and then flies empty back to DEL (unless a BOM-DEL scheduled flight out of Jet's several flights a day is a 330 in which case it carries passengers on its way back)

DEL-BKK is on a 737.

hserus Jan 31, 2008 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Yaatri (Post 9168897)
DEL-BKK is on a 737.

Yup right, and it strikes me that I have seen international configed 737s at least once on domestic 9W flights.

onlysuites Feb 1, 2008 12:27 am

Yep you are on the right track.

BKK - CCU dept at 9:20
CCU - BKK return at 11:45

Both on the 73H which is the same metal as used in DEL - BKK.

Thanks ^

cj001f Feb 1, 2008 1:36 am

I flew the inaugural BKK-DEL service on a brand new 9W 737NG last year. Fantastic ^

The return a month later was also great. ^^ to 9W