Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Need booking help for 9W business class BOM-SIN-BOM

Old Jan 28, 08, 2:33 am
Original Poster

I need to get my wife a business class ticket from BOM-SIN-BOM to close a gap on several award tickets that have been carrying her around the world. I would like to put her on the 9W flight because I think this cabin kicks butt over the SQ flight. I'm finding a fare of about US$2k which I can live with, but wanted to see if anyone had tips to get a better fare... Any tips on travel agents in BOM who might have access to a cheaper fare?
Old Jan 28, 08, 7:40 am

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
US$2K seems kind of high. For that amount, you can fly EK F BOM-DXB-SIN and have two stopovers in DXB.
Old Jan 28, 08, 10:54 am
Original Poster

I hear you... The problem is that my wife will be in BOM "in between" two fairly complex tickets that go in opposite directions around the world. I need BOM-SIN-BOM to close the gap to create a 2x RTW. So she'd kill me if I detoured her to DXB in addition to all the flying she already has! I found the MAA-SIN nonstop flight is half the price and daytime, but then I'd still have to get her BOM-MAA. I also found miles would do the trick on the SQ flights (only 30k US miles in C) but I wanted to have a changeable return (not doable with miles). If I cannot get the Jet ticket price down I'll just burn the miles, even burning another 30k to get her back to BOM is a better deal than spending $2k. If anyone has any insight into cheaper C fares on Jet on this route I would welcome the input.

Originally Posted by Savage25 View Post
US$2K seems kind of high. For that amount, you can fly EK F BOM-DXB-SIN and have two stopovers in DXB.
Old Jan 28, 08, 10:44 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Fares ex india would be cheaper for sure. Try asking any TA in BOM or set your country to India on the 9W website.
Old Jan 29, 08, 12:13 am

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
I tried several dates...the 9W website gives the cheapest BOM-SIN-BOM return at INR75609 or around US$1900. I'm guessing the fare is around US$1600 and the luxury tax ex-India brings it up.

Originally Posted by stephem View Post
I also found miles would do the trick on the SQ flights (only 30k US miles in C)
That 30K US award in C is a gem for the SIN-India routes

You could also do 2 one-way BD awards on SQ if you need flexibility in the return. 11,250 miles + 75 pounds + taxes each way in C.
Old Jan 29, 08, 10:36 am
Used to be 'lohiadk'

I am in India will call a travel agent here tomm for you and check. Msg me the dates. Also keep in mind the C cabin in Jet is not the same on all the routes

Just saw a fare on Air India for roughly 1150

Thanks
Dee

Last edited by Nepal72; Jan 29, 08 at 10:44 am
Old Feb 8, 08, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Exp- 4MM; UA 1K; BA Gold; 9W Plat; SPG Plat; Hilton Diamond; LH FT; DL Gold
Ai

Originally Posted by lohiadk View Post

Just saw a fare on Air India for roughly 1150
Air India used to fly very old equipment on this route. You are much better off getting SQ C with miles.
Old Feb 12, 08, 7:34 am
Original Poster

I ultimately went with BD miles+cash on the SQ flight. I couldn't figure out when the return needed to be booked, so the one way award worked best. the 75pounds was nearly doubled by another 70pounds in taxes. Ouch. But still a great deal and great flexibility. and a mere 11.25k miles.

Originally Posted by Savage25 View Post
I tried several dates...the 9W website gives the cheapest BOM-SIN-BOM return at INR75609 or around US$1900. I'm guessing the fare is around US$1600 and the luxury tax ex-India brings it up.

That 30K US award in C is a gem for the SIN-India routes

You could also do 2 one-way BD awards on SQ if you need flexibility in the return. 11,250 miles + 75 pounds + taxes each way in C.

Search this Thread