FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Need booking help for 9W business class BOM-SIN-BOM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/784119-need-booking-help-9w-business-class-bom-sin-bom.html)

stephem Jan 28, 2008 1:33 am

Need booking help for 9W business class BOM-SIN-BOM

I need to get my wife a business class ticket from BOM-SIN-BOM to close a gap on several award tickets that have been carrying her around the world. I would like to put her on the 9W flight because I think this cabin kicks butt over the SQ flight. I'm finding a fare of about US$2k which I can live with, but wanted to see if anyone had tips to get a better fare... Any tips on travel agents in BOM who might have access to a cheaper fare?

Savage25 Jan 28, 2008 6:40 am

US$2K seems kind of high. For that amount, you can fly EK F BOM-DXB-SIN and have two stopovers in DXB.

stephem Jan 28, 2008 9:54 am

I hear you... The problem is that my wife will be in BOM "in between" two fairly complex tickets that go in opposite directions around the world. I need BOM-SIN-BOM to close the gap to create a 2x RTW. So she'd kill me if I detoured her to DXB in addition to all the flying she already has! I found the MAA-SIN nonstop flight is half the price and daytime, but then I'd still have to get her BOM-MAA. I also found miles would do the trick on the SQ flights (only 30k US miles in C) but I wanted to have a changeable return (not doable with miles). If I cannot get the Jet ticket price down I'll just burn the miles, even burning another 30k to get her back to BOM is a better deal than spending $2k. If anyone has any insight into cheaper C fares on Jet on this route I would welcome the input.

Originally Posted by Savage25 (Post 9147516)
US$2K seems kind of high. For that amount, you can fly EK F BOM-DXB-SIN and have two stopovers in DXB.

hserus Jan 28, 2008 9:44 pm

Fares ex india would be cheaper for sure. Try asking any TA in BOM or set your country to India on the 9W website.

Savage25 Jan 28, 2008 11:13 pm

I tried several dates...the 9W website gives the cheapest BOM-SIN-BOM return at INR75609 or around US$1900. I'm guessing the fare is around US$1600 and the luxury tax ex-India brings it up.

Originally Posted by stephem (Post 9148368)
I also found miles would do the trick on the SQ flights (only 30k US miles in C)

That 30K US award in C is a gem for the SIN-India routes ^

You could also do 2 one-way BD awards on SQ if you need flexibility in the return. 11,250 miles + 75 pounds + taxes each way in C.

Nepal72 Jan 29, 2008 9:36 am

I am in India will call a travel agent here tomm for you and check. Msg me the dates. Also keep in mind the C cabin in Jet is not the same on all the routes

Just saw a fare on Air India for roughly 1150

Thanks
Dee

gmailflyer Feb 8, 2008 4:01 pm

Ai

Originally Posted by lohiadk (Post 9154344)

Just saw a fare on Air India for roughly 1150

Air India used to fly very old equipment on this route. You are much better off getting SQ C with miles.

stephem Feb 12, 2008 6:34 am

I ultimately went with BD miles+cash on the SQ flight. I couldn't figure out when the return needed to be booked, so the one way award worked best. the 75pounds was nearly doubled by another 70pounds in taxes. Ouch. But still a great deal and great flexibility. and a mere 11.25k miles.

Originally Posted by Savage25 (Post 9152354)
I tried several dates...the 9W website gives the cheapest BOM-SIN-BOM return at INR75609 or around US$1900. I'm guessing the fare is around US$1600 and the luxury tax ex-India brings it up.

That 30K US award in C is a gem for the SIN-India routes ^

You could also do 2 one-way BD awards on SQ if you need flexibility in the return. 11,250 miles + 75 pounds + taxes each way in C.