FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Kingfisher to introduce BLR-SFO nonstop flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/782934-kingfisher-introduce-blr-sfo-nonstop-flight.html)

malgudi Jan 24, 2008 1:31 pm

Kingfisher to introduce BLR-SFO nonstop flight

http://www.hindu.com/2008/01/25/stor...2555881400.htm

On August 27, Kingfisher Airlines will launch a non-stop service from Bangalore to San Francisco. It will likely introduce non-stop flights from Bangalore, Mumbai and New Delhi to New York as well as a Chennai-San Francisco service by September or October.

UA Fan Jan 24, 2008 8:13 pm

excellent, hope it happens.

G-man82 Jan 25, 2008 12:35 am

I'm looking for a nonstop NYC-BOM flight on IT with perhaps a mileage program that's more accepting of an economy class traveler. Jet's is abysmal.

hserus Jan 25, 2008 1:10 am

Originally Posted by G-man82 (Post 9131308)
I'm looking for a nonstop NYC-BOM flight on IT with perhaps a mileage program that's more accepting of an economy class traveler. Jet's is abysmal.

You can earn EQMs on NW, for IT flights. Not sure if that will apply to IT international flights too - that might change on you.

norse_aztec Jan 25, 2008 9:34 am

Excellent!

Wow, this is big news for those of us that make that run on a regular basis...now will be watching closely for IT to join an alliance so that they can be used on RTW trips.

SuperFlyBoy Jan 25, 2008 10:29 am

Originally Posted by G-man82 (Post 9131308)

I completely agree, and therefore *never* fly on 9w internationally, unless I am using upgrades...and this has happened maybe once or twice in 5 years or more...

They have received many mails on the subject, but still are apparently ignoring my *A travel! :eek:

flyboy777 Jan 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Given that there strategy is going to be all non-stops, will there be a requirement for dozens (& dozens) of smaller but ultra long haul aircraft which can connect all the city pairs or will they just foxus on certain hubs? & given a non-stop strategy, with only 10 A340-500s on order & the A350s/A380s (A330s don't have the legs for USA non-stop) a while down the line, I can only see 5 city pairs being linked up. BLR-SFO/NYC, MAA-SFO, DEL-NYC, BOM-NYC.

N830MH Jan 25, 2008 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyboy777 (Post 9134381)
Given that there strategy is going to be all non-stops, will there be a requirement for dozens (& dozens) of smaller but ultra long haul aircraft which can connect all the city pairs or will they just foxus on certain hubs? & given a non-stop strategy, with only 10 A340-500s on order & the A350s/A380s (A330s don't have the legs for USA non-stop) a while down the line, I can only see 5 city pairs being linked up. BLR-SFO/NYC, MAA-SFO, DEL-NYC, BOM-NYC.

Do you know exactly which equipment is that by IT from BLR-SFO nonstop? Is that an A345, am I right? I'm sure A345 is current still on the payload weight restrictions over from BLR-SFO. I'm sure IT will done extremely very well first inauguration new routes from BLR-SFO.

SuperFlyBoy Jan 25, 2008 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 9136298)
Do you know exactly which equipment is that by IT from BLR-SFO nonstop? Is that an A345, am I right? I'm sure A345 is current still on the payload weight restrictions over from BLR-SFO.

The A345 is the only aircraft doing the longest commercial flight, SQ21/22 - SIN-EWR-SIN, so it's the obvious choice for a US-India non-stop, unless Boeing has a better product...

cj001f Jan 26, 2008 12:03 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 9136685)
The A345 is the only aircraft doing the longest commercial flight, SQ21/22 - SIN-EWR-SIN, so it's the obvious choice for a US-India non-stop, unless Boeing has a better product...

The A345 is the obvious choice because IT has 10 of them on order.

flyboy777 Jan 26, 2008 5:56 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 9136685)

Originally Posted by cj001f (Post 9137168)

The BLR-SFO is an A340-500. They plan to start this year & only have a pair of A330s for BLR/BO-LHR & a pair of A340-500s for San Francisco. BLR-JFK (or EWR) will start with the second pair of A345s.

Granted, the Singapore Air 'A345 Leadership' flies the longest route in the world EWR-SIN. However, in order to reach those distances, an extra high payload version of the A345 was promised & produced by Airbus to stave of a Boeing order. Even then, the aircraft has apparently been configured as such not only for comfort but to keep the weight down.

Boeings offering is far superior, but know one uses the aircraft to it's ULH range potential. The B777-200LR can stretch from SYD to JFK & LHR if you push it. Most carriers simply use it's extra payload for cargo. Where a B777-200ER begins to lose load around 16 hours duration (DEL-NYC type sectors), a B777-200LR excels. It can carry a full passenger & cargo load in all weathers. The B777 is also vastly more efficient than the A340, & I'm not just talking about the engines.

N830MH Jan 26, 2008 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by cj001f (Post 9137168)

Yes, that's correct! IT has already on firm orders new A340-500. I'm sure IT will done extremely very well first new routes from BLR-SFO nonstop. Do you know which specific new routes is next coming from India? :confused: I'm sure if IT will gets new routes from BOM-SFO or DEL-SFO or if possibility IT will gets more USA routes from India.

aktchi Jan 27, 2008 7:44 pm

Darn, nothing to Chicago yet.

megatoppie Jan 27, 2008 9:58 pm

here's a more accurate news item.

Kingfisher to fly over sea routes on August 27
Shauvik Ghosh
Posted online: Saturday , January 26, 2008 at 0016 hrs

New Delhi, Jan 25Kingfisher Airlines has set a target for August 27 to fly overseas routes two days after Deccan Airways turns five years old and becomes eligible for flying abroad. Kingfisher’s first route would be Bangalore to San Francisco aboard a brand new Airbus A 340. Officially, though the company is still awaiting permission to fly on overseas routes.

Kingfisher is expected to complete its functional merger (demerger as per the Accenture report) with Deccan in March. “Domestic routes will remain untouched and will rise in time,” an official from Kingfisher said.

According to sources, Kingfisher Airlines would be the holding company under which there will be two carriers - Kingfisher Airlines, which would operate the full service long-haul routes and Kingfisher Deccan for low-cost short haul operations. “Kingfisher would service the Europe and US routes, while Kingfisher Deccan will serve the Asia and Middle-East routes,” the official said. The airline would subsequently start three more international routes after the Bangalore-San Francisco route becomes operational. These include another Airbus A340 connecting Delhi to New York and the A 330s connecting Delhi and Mumbai to London, all of which would be non-stop. The aircraft for these flights are expected to be delivered from April and would go to Air India in a wet lease deal till Kingfisher is ready to use them.

Kingfisher and Deccan currently operate a combined fleet of 78 Airbus and ATR planes. Kingfisher has 106 Airbus aircraft on order -- including five superjumbo A380s -- while Deccan has 54 of the Airbus A320 family aircraft pending delivery.

N830MH Jan 27, 2008 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi (Post 9145836)
Darn, nothing to Chicago yet.

No, not yet. You probably will wait to see which specific new routes is coming in near the future. Just to be patients for while from IT is in progress searching more new routes from India.