Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Kingfisher to introduce BLR-SFO nonstop flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kingfisher to introduce BLR-SFO nonstop flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2008, 11:35 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Wow!

Good thing I am supporting Jet by flying them, mostly! (who *might* be almost as bad, but I don't think so...)
Old Oct 13, 2008, 1:35 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
heheh.... I was suspecting this (on Kingfisher, two posts previous) from talking to ex-coworkers supplying to Kingfisher they were hinting at "problems"

Jet is nowhere near as nutty as this, even going as far back as startup.

How these guys can fork so much money into purchasing a fleet with no real clue of how to run the airline boggles the mind... guess it shouldn't be a shock as they are trying to dump what they can of the fleet.

Some here on FT try to be armchair Airline CEO's - it seems these guys are no different - I think some of the FT armchair CEO's could do better...
Old Oct 13, 2008, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Jet is nowhere near as nutty as this, even going as far back as startup
By all accounts, Naresh Goyal used to be just as hard to work for as Vijay Mallya. The difference however was that Naresh had a solid airline background, so even when his rotating door of expat CEOs was turning, he had himself (and Saroj Dutta) to fall back on. Mallya has.... well, himself and a bevy of sycophants.

Jet was turned around earlier this decade by the team of Wolfgang Prock-Schauer and Peter Leuthi who took an operation that was quickly outgrowing its capabilities and moulded it into something sustainable. Granted, Jet have not always made the best commercial decisions (IMHO at least), but they had a solid operational foundation prior to their international launch thanks to this.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Yaatri
South Indians live every where in the U.S. and not only South Indians live in the Midwest.
HYD-ORD is as good as an argument as connecting any up coming, not not major metropolitan, Indian city with a major U.S. hub. It does not explain why only HYD-ORD.

ORD has great connectivity on airlines that have a hub in ORD.
Actually there are more South Indians esp Tamils and Andhras in the NY Metro area.

Thats why it is more important to have a nonstop JFK-MAA route than a
ORD to HYD.

EWR-MAA nonstop could also be done by Continental. It is really retarded that these airline execs are not taking MAA into any consideration.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by dogpack
Actually there are more South Indians esp Tamils and Andhras in the NY Metro area.

Thats why it is more important to have a nonstop JFK-MAA route than a
ORD to HYD.

EWR-MAA nonstop could also be done by Continental. It is really retarded that these airline execs are not taking MAA into any consideration.
DL tried MAA from JFK during the good days and failed.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 11:41 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by UA Fan
DL tried MAA from JFK during the good days and failed.
DL's MAA-JFK flight was actually a DL 767 CDG-MAA that connected with their CDG flights to the states. As for CO (upthread) they're waiting for their 787s to come in (2009? hah) before they launch flights to MAA etc - these are just outside the optimum range for their current longhauls (772LR right) is what I was told when I asked once last year.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by hserus
DL's MAA-JFK flight was actually a DL 767 CDG-MAA that connected with their CDG flights to the states. As for CO (upthread) they're waiting for their 787s to come in (2009? hah) before they launch flights to MAA etc - these are just outside the optimum range for their current longhauls (772LR right) is what I was told when I asked once last year.

You are highly correct. Delta never had a nonstop flight to MAA. They only had JFK-CDG-MAA(without transfer) and JFK-CDG-MAA(connecting in Paris to Air France).

I pray to god, that if Continental gets the 787s they can fly nonstop
EWR-MAA.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hyho61
It looks like IT's SFO adventure will be put on hold. 9W is reportedly struggling on the BOM-PVG-SFO route. They had to cut back to 5 times a week from daily service.

It does not appear SFO has enough daily traffic to support either from BOM or BLR, because of inadequate connection traffic.
Not only has BLR-SFO adventure been put on hold dropped, BLR will no longer be an Intenatiobal gateway for Kingfisher. Seems like Mallya has finally come to it's senses that self proclaimed status of the silicon valley of India, aka Bangalore does not generate revenue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.