Jet to fly to the Gulf

http://www.jetairways.com/Cultures/e...erations/Gulf/
Old Jan 7, 08, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
http://www.jetairways.com/MSIB21/Tem...ACHEHINT=Guest
Old Jan 7, 08, 8:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
I am surprised that the initial Gulf service did not include flights to/from Dubai.
Old Jan 7, 08, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
also just noticed that cok has finally become eticketable, wonder what took so long and why ktm is still paper.
Old Jan 8, 08, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII View Post
I am surprised that the initial Gulf service did not include flights to/from Dubai.
Other vested interests? (EK/AI) not initially allowing access to their cash-cows...

However, Jet is currently under negotiations to obtain the rights to fly to/from DXB, as per recent news reports.
Old Jan 8, 08, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP MM, DL DM MM, AS MVPG, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Titanium Lftm, Hyatt GLB, Hilton SLVR
India is liberalizing the Gulf market gradually, with DXB not in the first phase opened to private carriers. MCT, DOH, BAH and KWI are in the initial set, followed by AUH and DXB. Don't expect RUH, JED and DMM service any time soon.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/2007/0...markets08.html

Last edited by ORD_UA1K; Jan 8, 08 at 7:54 pm
Old Jan 10, 08, 12:07 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
Oh it will be...

Jet must be planning to fly to the area, gain a reputation & then 'attack' the high profile markets in the United Arab Emirates. EK themselves have a very strong presence in India (100+ weekly flights). Now it's time for revenge. The A330-200s would be a very clever & competitive move on some of the larger Middle Eastern markets (look what they are doing in Singapore). The Premiere flat bed would top trump EKs A330/regional B777 First & perhaps match it for service.

I wish 9W good luck!

Search this Thread