Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidators in Delhi or Noida? for AI/IC/9W and other airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2007, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

We will be booking a ticket from DEL to SIN return, for next month. We would like good travel agents, who act as consolidators for the airlines mentioned in the heading, plus other airlines of India, plus international airlines (eg SQ, TG, etc).

We will be staying at our parents in Noida.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Y'know, cheapest by far would be to call the airline. AI and UL (sri lankan) are by far the cheapest - and UL is a very nice airline indeed, brand new planes, partly owned by EK, etc .. but forced to discount very heavily because people are running scared from it thanks to the Tamil Tigers.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by hserus
Y'know, cheapest by far would be to call the airline. AI and UL (sri lankan) are by far the cheapest - and UL is a very nice airline indeed, brand new planes, partly owned by EK, etc .. but forced to discount very heavily because people are running scared from it thanks to the Tamil Tigers.
Do they offer competitive fares between the US and India? I often do my research on ITA and Sri Lankan has not ended up in the short list as far as I remember. Never flown them, so would love to try if the fare was competitive with AI, United, etc.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 6:39 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Hell, Sri Lankan would connect you to DXB and you fly EK from there with a UL codeshare. Rather a roundabout way to go stateside.

CO has nice fares fyi, ultra long haul bom/del to ewr. Book this stuff ex india though and you will find substantial discounts compared to booking it stateside.

AF will automatically give you a 5% discount if you book online (compared to TA rates) - and periodically send around coupons. For example you can get a 10% discount booking online on www.airfrance.in - you can only book flights ex india with this - using the discount code "NOVFEST188" - last date 15 Dec.

Of course if you try to earn miles on that, be aware that it might go book you into silly 25 or 50% mileage classes like Q and L, but well, if you're looking at consolidator fares, I guess you dont need the miles as much .. and you can always call AF's ticketing desk in DEL - 1800 1800 033 and try to get that discount code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.