jet airways discount

Old Jul 3, 04, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

jet airways discount

does anyone know the way to get a jet airways discount for domestic ticket in india?
Old Jul 3, 04, 7:18 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Ex-VIP Fromins Deli Encino - 34 years grandfathered successor program status - UA Plat/HH Diamond
lax747,

Welcome to Flyertalk. You posted this in a mileage only forum, so in order for the right people to see your question, I'm going to move it seemlessly to "TravelBuzz".

Craig6z
Moderator - MilesBuzz & United
Old Jul 4, 04, 3:00 am

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
What kind of discount are you looking for? If you buy a USD fare from one of their GSA offices around the world, you get a 25% discount from the full fare if you are under 30 years of age.

I just booked an e-ticket online at their website last week and from the looks of the price, the 25% discount was already factored in and the fare rules said something like "DISCOUNTED ECONOMY CLASS USD FARE - FULLY REFUNDABLE"...it was still a Y fare code. So you might want to try that option as well.
Old Jul 4, 04, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Savage25
What kind of discount are you looking for? If you buy a USD fare from one of their GSA offices around the world, you get a 25% discount from the full fare if you are under 30 years of age.

I just booked an e-ticket online at their website last week and from the looks of the price, the 25% discount was already factored in and the fare rules said something like "DISCOUNTED ECONOMY CLASS USD FARE - FULLY REFUNDABLE"...it was still a Y fare code. So you might want to try that option as well.
i am over 30 and looking for 5-10% discount from a travel agent...i will try the e-ticket and price a fare......are they flying from BKK-india yet??
Old Jul 4, 04, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by lax747
are they flying from BKK-india yet??
Nope. Just to KTM and CMB.
Old Jul 4, 04, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by lax747
does anyone know the way to get a jet airways discount for domestic ticket in india?
Ask your friend in India to buy a ticket in India. The INR fares are lower than USD fares.

If you plan on travelling a number of sectors you might consider one of their multiple sector tickets.
Old Jul 4, 04, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by miler
Ask your friend in India to buy a ticket in India. The INR fares are lower than USD fares.
They WILL (new policy as of January according to a friend who worked there) however ask anyone who doesn't speak the local language or who otherwise appears to be a non-resident (eg. shows a US driver license at checkin) for proof of residency in India. If you can't provide that they will charge you the fare difference or deny you boarding. So buyer beware if you use this modus operandi.
Old Jul 4, 04, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by B747-437B
They WILL (new policy as of January according to a friend who worked there) however ask anyone who doesn't speak the local language or who otherwise appears to be a non-resident (eg. shows a US driver license at checkin) for proof of residency in India. If you can't provide that they will charge you the fare difference or deny you boarding. So buyer beware if you use this modus operandi.
They don't check for identification at check-in for domestic flights in my experience.
Old Jul 4, 04, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
They don't check for identification at check-in for domestic flights in my experience.
They will if you appear to be a foreigner travelling on an INR ticket.

Its all part of Peter Leuthi's new cost control program to bring 9W back to profitability. Too many folks were taking advantage of the loophole.
Old Jul 4, 04, 4:29 pm

They will if you appear to be a foreigner travelling on an INR ticket.

Its all part of Peter Leuthi's new cost control program to bring 9W back to profitability. Too many folks were taking advantage of the loophole.
I will not go into my anti-discrimination talk( ), but it's wrong to charge people more based on nationality/ethnicity when product/service use is exactly the same.

Maybe India needs some "public-interest litigation" to enshrine that such discrimination is wrong.
Old Jul 4, 04, 4:45 pm

it's wrong to charge people more based on nationality/ethnicity when product/service use is exactly the same
I won't disagree with you, especially as I always get "carded" since my name doesn't fit the stereotypical Indian format. As a result, I have to carry my passport even when traveling on domestic flights simply to prove my citizenship. Go figure eh?
Old Jul 4, 04, 4:59 pm

I won't disagree with you, especially as I always get "carded" since my name doesn't fit the stereotypical Indian format. As a result, I have to carry my passport even when traveling on domestic flights simply to prove my citizenship. Go figure eh?
You and George Fernandez.
Old Jul 5, 04, 2:42 am

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
You and George Fernandez.
And me...but then I just say I'm from Goa, and that solves the problem. I also have to carry my Indian passport on domestic flights, since that's the only ID I have in India.

Speaking of the INR fares, I tried to buy a few of the advance purchase fares when I was in BOM a couple of months ago...didn't have a problem until I gave them my SIN-issued credit card. I was told that I would have to pay the USD fares unless I paid with an Indian-issued credit card or cash. I chose cash since the savings were more than 60%.
Old Jul 6, 04, 7:37 pm

Programs: KLM, Jet Airways, Alitalia, British Airways
Smile Visit India Fares

Utilise the visit india fares on jet airways. The total cost of the ticket will be us$ 600 + 10$ per flight coupon. However it gives you unlimited travel all over india for a 2 week period.

Even the 1 week option is good and there are very helpful people at the jet airways airport counter who will do it for you.

Recently was in india - fare at that time was us 500 and covered 9 cities in 7 days at about 40% of what it would have cost me otherwise.
Old Oct 25, 08, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

i was thinking about a cc discount type of fare

Search this Thread