Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Axis Bank Cards (Vistara, Magnus, Burgundy etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Axis Bank Cards (Vistara, Magnus, Burgundy etc.)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2023, 8:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
My wife got the magnus in April.

How do we know if we have hit the monthly milestone (1L) in eligible spending without having to wait 3 months for the points to post.
Old May 7, 2023, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22

How do we know if we have hit the monthly milestone (1L) in eligible spending without having to wait 3 months for the points to post.
Total up your transactions, you will find it on the app or website... make sure you're counting eligible transactions and be mindful of the dates. Then wait and wait and wait and wait and wait...
Old May 8, 2023, 5:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold

Also bear in mind that milestones are based on calendar month and not billing cycle.
Old May 8, 2023, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Anish
Also bear in mind that milestones are based on calendar month and not billing cycle.
My monthly spends are enough for me to hit the milestones both on calendar month & billing cycles as well but I can see this becoming a great cause of confusion for a number of people who are unaware of this rule & just about manage to hit the milestone in a month.
Old May 8, 2023, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
My monthly spends are enough for me to hit the milestones both on calendar month & billing cycles as well but I can see this becoming a great cause of confusion for a number of people who are unaware of this rule & just about manage to hit the milestone in a month.
Almost everything Axis is on calendar months. Which is a good thing vs. DCB for example which is all over the place. One thing to be aware is about when the transaction posts. If you do a transaction on the last day of the month to hit 1L... and it posts in the next month - you're SOL.
Old May 8, 2023, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Almost everything Axis is on calendar months. Which is a good thing vs. DCB for example which is all over the place. One thing to be aware is about when the transaction posts. If you do a transaction on the last day of the month to hit 1L... and it posts in the next month - you're SOL.
Last day transactions are always going to be hit or miss as to which month they will post against. I guess this is true of every bank & credit card. But the calendar month bit can be confusing to a lot of people who initially get the card. The terms don't explain it very well so I can see a lot of customers thinking they have hit the milestone as per their billing cycle, only to find out 3 months later that they hadn't as it was supposed to be calculated on calendar months.
Old May 8, 2023, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Last day transactions are always going to be hit or miss as to which month they will post against. I guess this is true of every bank & credit card. But the calendar month bit can be confusing to a lot of people who initially get the card. The terms don't explain it very well so I can see a lot of customers thinking they have hit the milestone as per their billing cycle, only to find out 3 months later that they hadn't as it was supposed to be calculated on calendar months.
Very true... you have to read through the fine print .... https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defaul...ewards-tnc.pdf
Old May 8, 2023, 10:56 am

Total up your transactions, you will find it on the app or website... make sure you're counting eligible transactions and be mindful of the dates. Then wait and wait and wait and wait and wait...
Yea, I got this part. How do I tell if a transaction is eligible? For example, I just paid my daughter's school fee. The school uses atom for online transactions
Old May 8, 2023, 11:01 am

Very true... you have to read through the fine print .... https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defaul...ewards-tnc.pdf
Just went through. It didn't exclude fuel, so I hope fuel spends count towards milestone benefits

Also overall exclusions look very few which is great. Anyway, I guess it will be a learning
Old May 8, 2023, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Just went through. It didn't exclude fuel, so I hope fuel spends count towards milestone benefits

Also overall exclusions look very few which is great. Anyway, I guess it will be a learning
Very little is excluded unlike DCB & Prestige.

I think fuel is included. Fuel is tricky in a different way with Axis. You don't get reward points for swipes between 400-4000 however You do get reward points for swipes above ₹4k.
Anish likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Yea, I got this part. How do I tell if a transaction is eligible? For example, I just paid my daughter's school fee. The school uses atom for online transactions
It's very clear what's excluded. School fees are included. Govt. fees are included. I have no idea what Atom is. But I assume it isn't a wallet load or a rent payment.
Old May 8, 2023, 8:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
You should ideally switch to Reserve after you hit the 1L spend to really juice out the card. Also 2x on Forex spends.
Old May 9, 2023, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anish
You should ideally switch to Reserve after you hit the 1L spend to really juice out the card. Also 2x on Forex spends.
Don't have the Reserve yet. There is a good chance they will eventually convert the Citi Prestige to the Axis Reserve at some point down the line. If not then I'll consider getting the Reserve then.
Anish likes this.
Old May 9, 2023, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Don't have the Reserve yet. There is a good chance they will eventually convert the Citi Prestige to the Axis Reserve at some point down the line. If not then I'll consider getting the Reserve then.
I just got the Reserve myself. It was a painful process no thanks to Axis but managed to get some help and finally got the card pushed through. I was a little skeptical about the high fees for it. I was using my Vistara Infinite for all those transactions which were problematic for Magnus. However after hitting the 7.5L milestone on Vistara I found that there's not much more value in the card and for the amount of transactions etc. that I'm already crossing the 1L barrier on makes sense for me to get it now.

The other thing is that my Prestige card is up for renewal. And I'm not sure what to do there.
Old May 9, 2023, 8:30 pm

With 10x vouchers the Reserve does 60 miles / INR 100 which is just insane. The 15k MMT and Yatra limits per booking are painful to work with but there is immense value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.