Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Indigo BOM to LKO how early can I check in luggage at Bombay airport counter?

Old Jan 23, 23, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum

Arriving from Dallas to Bombay at 5 am and planning a separate ticket from Bombay at 7 pm to Lucknow. Can I check in luggage at the Indigo Bombay counter around 7 am?

This would free us up to do visit family for few hours and be back by 5 pm. Don't want to haul luggage so checking. Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and advice!
Old Jan 24, 23, 12:22 am

You can't? The CISF security won't even let you into the terminal building until 4 or 5 hours before your flight.

You can try this luggage storage option https://csmia.adaniairports.com/left-luggage.aspx, maybe they can hold your luggage while you visit Mumbai.
Old Jan 24, 23, 2:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN**
Originally Posted by raj_cl View Post
This would free us up to do visit family for few hours and be back by 5 pm. Don't want to haul luggage so checking.
Even if Indigo takes your baggage at checkin that early you won't be allowed to leave the terminal anymore. Your only option is to exit the terminal, store the luggage with the airport and then enjoy the family visit: https://csmia.adaniairports.com/left-luggage.aspx
Old Jan 25, 23, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Depending on how many people are in your travel party, it may be cheaper to hire a large car & driver for the day from one of the cab counters at the airport. This way you can leave your luggage in the car & not have to pay the per-bag luggage storage fee.
Old Jan 25, 23, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
Thank you everyone for the suggestions and sharing experiences.

I forgot to mention the point that I would be arriving via an international flight from the US to Bombay at 5 am, and then I have a separate ticket from Bombay to Lucknow, which I decided to book next day's flight rather than same day, so I have a full day in Bombay. Will take all the luggage with me to my family's house where I'm visiting.

Search this Thread