Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Pax pees on another pax ( JFK-DEL AI 102 / 26 NOV)

Pax pees on another pax ( JFK-DEL AI 102 / 26 NOV)

Old Feb 4, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm thinking that the passenger who got wet from "pee" may have instead gotten wet from dripping condensation coming down from the ceiling of the plane. I've had some flights where I've seen drops of water continue to drip for much of the flight and people perplexed by what was dropping on their body and/or clothes.
I think it is from the AC or something, I remember 25 years ago this happening at take off on a Continental B777 and I was freaking out that something was wrong....But it couldn't have been that much wetness though...
Old Feb 5, 2023, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
. He was drunk & passed out..
Not sure about that as a defense...
nk15 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by erik123
Its not up to the defense to prove they didn't do it. The prosecution has to prove that they did it. As of now they seem to have no evidence to prove that he did.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by erik123
Passed out people generally aren’t able to stand up on their own.

Urinating — or defecating — in a corner is something some extremely drunk people do before passing out. This kind of thing has unfortunately happened in college dorm rooms, and sometimes even on the lower bunk dorm beds, sometimes even when the beds were occupied by already passed out drunks.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 8:31 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
You can blackout and not remember what happened including getting up to pee.

And of course Mishra might not be telling the truth right now....just what is difficult to prove against him.

Unless this woman and the "witness" have some personal issues against AI or whoever it's like a crazy case to escalate beyond the plane.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 1:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Passed out people generally aren’t able to stand up on their own.

Urinating — or defecating — in a corner is something some extremely drunk people do before passing out. This kind of thing has unfortunately happened in college dorm rooms, and sometimes even on the lower bunk dorm beds, sometimes even when the beds were occupied by already passed out drunks.
Sure, but in this case he supposedly peed on a pax over another pax Take a look at the picture of the cabin above thread and tell me how this feat can be achieved.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
You can blackout and not remember what happened including getting up to pee.

And of course Mishra might not be telling the truth right now....just what is difficult to prove against him.

Unless this woman and the "witness" have some personal issues against AI or whoever it's like a crazy case to escalate beyond the plane.
Misha might be lying through his teeth but once again, he does not have to prove he didn't do it. The prosecution has to prove he did it & they seem to have nothing right now except for the word of the victim who has changed her story a bunch of times & the 'witness' who actually did not witness the act.

The likelihood of Mishra having peed on the victim by completely bypassing the passenger in the aisle seat is almost next to impossible. It seems like the victim & 'witness' thought this would not escalate too much & they would be able to get a refund & free upgrade out of this situation. But the story took a life of its own & things got out of hand. It is pretty easy to tell lies upon lies to cover up the original lie.

At the end of the day, we can only guess what happened. Mishra could have done what he is accused of or he could be completely innocent. The victim could actually be a victim or she could have been coaxed by the 'witness' to blame Mishra to cover up the embarrassment of having peed on herself. At the moment, the victim's story doesn't seem to add up, the 'witness' is not credible & seems to have disappeared now, the lady sitting next to the victim doesn't agree with what the victim says, there are no witnesses & the crew seem to be supporting Mishra.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
And the guy has lost his job, spent some time in a Delhi jail and is probably pretty much screwed for quite some time. Since the courts at that level are not really known to come to a quick judgement this could drag on for years.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
And the guy has lost his job, spent some time in a Delhi jail and is probably pretty much screwed for quite some time. Since the courts at that level are not really known to come to a quick judgement this could drag on for years.
Very true. However, I don't see this dragging on for very long. The police have 90 days to prove their case. If they can't then they have to file a closure report & the FIR gets quashed by the courts.

If the police cannot prove their case then this guy has an excellent defamation suit against the complainant & the 'witness'. If the victim has indeed lied about this whole thing then things are going to get very ugly for her.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sure, but in this case he supposedly peed on a pax over another pax Take a look at the picture of the cabin above thread and tell me how this feat can be achieved.
Surely, you read this earlier post of mine:

I’m thinking that the passenger who got wet from "pee" may have instead gotten wet from dripping condensation coming down from the ceiling of the plane. I've had some flights where I've seen drops of water continue to drip for much of the flight and people perplexed by what was dropping on their body and/or clothes.
Both these posts of mine indicate that I very much doubt that a very drunk, passed out passenger would be able to cross an aisle-seated passenger so as to urinate on a window-seated passenger without disturbing all involved passengers at the time of “urinating”.

If the female complainant had urine on her clothes, there is a possibility at times that DNA could be collected to verify if the now-former US MNC manager had left his mark with his urine on the female complainant.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 6, 2023 at 9:24 am
Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Yeah if Misha wins I think he's got a defamation case against the woman plus he can sue Wells Fargo too I assume - but they will probably reinstate him with back pay etc. to avoid being sued.

While I'm not quite convinced about his innocence (nobody was asking for for my opinion either) he would have had a horrible time this past month and more.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keyser
Very true. However, I don't see this dragging on for very long. The police have 90 days to prove their case. If they can't then they have to file a closure report & the FIR gets quashed by the courts.

If the police cannot prove their case then this guy has an excellent defamation suit against the complainant & the 'witness'. If the victim has indeed lied about this whole thing then things are going to get very ugly for her.
Sometimes people don’t have it on top of mind that not everything in the Indian legal system works like long-standing property dispute cases in the Indian court system.

Wouldn’t a defamation case require showing malice or willful gross negligence with regard to a false claim?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm thinking that the passenger who got wet from "pee" may have instead gotten wet from dripping condensation coming down from the ceiling of the plane. I've had some flights where I've seen drops of water continue to drip for much of the flight and people perplexed by what was dropping on their body and/or clothes.
Its possible, however unlikely, since the crew admit as well that the whole area smelled of urine.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
A urine test would have solved the mystery. Whose urine was that urine? Was the crime scene roped off and the evidence preserved....
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sometimes people don’t have it on top of mind that not everything in the Indian legal system works like long-standing property dispute cases in the Indian court system.
Cases involving the police, especially when a FIR has been registered, come to a resolution a lot quicker than other cases in India. Property disputes are notorious here for the amount of time they take. I have clients whose cases I have been working on for close to 20 years now without a resolution in sight. Then there are other property cases that I have managed to resolve & win within 5-6 years. But in general, this is one area that takes a long time before a final resolution can be achieved.

Wouldn’t a defamation case require showing malice or willful gross negligence with regard to a false claim?
Yes it does. Having spoken to Mishra's counsel a bunch of times, it seems they have enough material to go after both the complainant & the 'witness'. I can't share any of that here but if he does decide to file a defamation suit then he has an excellent chance of being successful.

Of course, all of this depends on what happens with his criminal case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.