Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Pax pees on another pax ( JFK-DEL AI 102 / 26 NOV)

Pax pees on another pax ( JFK-DEL AI 102 / 26 NOV)

Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Originally Posted by erik123
It's easier to mistake the corner for a lavatory if one is very drunk and half-asleep.
Pissed drunk and half asleep walks to "CORNER" thinking its the Loo and starts to release. LOL!

This almost sounds like a Drunk American College/ Fraternity story.

Is that what happened? Walking Misdirected Vehicle? Or was it just him being Asleep and peeing in his Sleep/ lying down?

I've seen drunk folks do crazy/ nasty stuff, and this just happened to be bad luck to happen where & when it did.

Curb that Alcohol.

Last edited by xmlsoa; Jan 23, 2023 at 2:22 pm
Old Jan 24, 2023, 7:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AI has returned the cabin and ground staff back to service and will back the pilots in their fight to get reinstated. As the court probes into this and the other side comes to light the story is starting to crumble.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/97283973.cms

That a drunk, tired and desoriented pax manages to pee across the pax sleeping in the aisle seat and drench only the pax in the window seat is very weird.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 7:20 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by erik123
It's easier to mistake the corner for a lavatory if one is very drunk and half-asleep.
Gotta be able to get to the corner though, right?

Originally Posted by oliver2002
AI has returned the cabin and ground staff back to service and will back the pilots in their fight to get reinstated. As the court probes into this and the other side comes to light the story is starting to crumble.

That a drunk, tired and desoriented pax manages to pee across the pax sleeping in the aisle seat and drench only the pax in the window seat is very weird.
This whole story is getting extremely convoluted. While I can't imagine anyone making an allegation like that without basis, no word from 9C raises a few questions.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The pilots union question the DGCA fine without due judicial process:

Form this report it seems a pax in 8A got wind of the situation and told the victim to escalate this:

Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:01 am

Form this report it seems a pax in 8A got wind of the situation...
Well, passing gas is not punishable.
dogeatdoge likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's too bad that this wasn't reported to the police immediately. The clothes, bag, shoes, blanket, and seat cushions should have been collected as evidence. AFAIK fresh urine can be tested for DNA (and also to confirm the gender of its owner). It might have been better (in terms of the potential court case) if the cabin crew hadn't attempted to sanitize the items.

I wonder whether the reluctance to offer a FC seat to the alleged victim was due to a concern that she might have still smelled of urine even after changing to airline PJs and slippers.in the lavatory.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:21 pm

There is only one solution. Fly one of them in pee-er's seat and another in the victim's seat. Tell him to try to pee without hitting anyone else and see if it works.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by leonidas
There is only one solution. Fly one of them in pee-er's seat and another in the victim's seat. Tell him to try to pee without hitting anyone else and see if it works.
And livestream the experiment (yes, I said stream).
knit-in likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 3:03 am

Now the accused has been let out on bail. After six weeks of Delhi jail and being fired in the US its probably not much of a relief to him...
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:26 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD

Quoting from link:

According to the airline, "based on the absence of witnesses to the alleged act, that the alleged perpetrator was peaceful, co-operative and claiming ignorance of the event, that there was no risk to flight safety and that a resolution had been witnessed between the parties, the crew made a judgement call to record the matter as an (non-reportable) in-flight incident rather than a (reportable) case of unruliness".

Further, Air India said that in the absence of witnesses to the alleged act, the crew were being asked to make a "presumption of the accused guilt which runs contrary to natural justice and due process".
I have a simple question - whoever was the said victim - why have they not conveyed exactly what they seem to have undergone from their PoV basis. What if some old person lost Bladder control and just needed Adult Diapers and they slipped up?

That part seems to be fuzzy, dark and unclear. While they have nicely easily destroyed so called perpetrators life - Even if at worse case scenario he was College Frat/ Spring Break level drunk and messed up under INTOXICATED NEGLECT - With no INTENT.

Even that is assuming they showed up there and stood up, unzipped and directed a stream at said victim. Thats quite a "screenplay" if so.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 3:04 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wonder whether the reluctance to offer a FC seat to the alleged victim was due to a concern that she might have still smelled of urine even after changing to airline PJs and slippers.in the lavatory.
I'm not familiar with Air India. On some other airlines during long-haul flights with more than 2 pilots, First Class seats are left empty so pilots can take rest when they aren't on duty. Something to consider.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Xlr
I'm not familiar with Air India. On some other airlines during long-haul flights with more than 2 pilots, First Class seats are left empty so pilots can take rest when they aren't on duty. Something to consider.
There were 4 first class seats & all were empty. Unlikely that pilots & crew would be occupying all 4.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:51 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I'm surprised that this guy is winning the case. He must have a very good lawyer. There were witnesses who came forward on TV, plus I'm sure people would have taken photos, videos....
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I'm surprised that this guy is winning the case. He must have a very good lawyer. There were witnesses who came forward on TV, plus I'm sure people would have taken photos, videos....
There is actually a little more to this.

There is no one who witnessed the incident. The 'witness' who came forward on TV was sitting next to Mishra & never saw what happened. He apparently was quite verbally distraught at the beginning of the flight when he requested & was refused an upgrade to First class. The crew now claim that he made a big fuss about it. After the incident took place, this 'witness' was the one who convinced the victim that she should file a compliant & once again requested that both he & the victim be given a seat in First class.

There are no photographs or videos taken by anyone. In fact, no one even states that they saw Mishra get up from his seat. The thing working most in Mishra's favour is the fact that the lady sitting in the aisle, next to the victim, said that neither did she see nor hear nothing but there was not a drop of pee on her or her belongings. While not impossible, it is highly unlikely that Mishra could have stood in the aisle & peed on the seat near the window with no drops falling on the aisle seat.

I know his counsel & have met him a number of times in court since this incident took place. He states that Mishra is innocent. He acknowledges that he was drunk on the flight but says the first thing he remembers is being woken up by the crew & the passenger sitting next to him (the 'witness') kept yelling & accusing him of having done what the victim claims he did. Mishra in a hungover state apologized as he had no clue what he did or did not do & agreed to pay whatever was asked of him so that the matter would not escalate.

Apparently the victim agreed with the compensation Mishra offered (which he paid a day or 2 later) She was further told by the cabin in-charge that AI would refund the full price of her ticket. When she was only given a partial refund, her son-in-law gave an ultimatum to AI that if the full refund was not received then they would go to the media. After this the victim decided to not only return the money given by Mishra (a couple of weeks after she received it) but told AI she wanted to go ahead & file a criminal complaint against Mishra.

Mishra claims that he did not commit the act he is being accused of. He was drunk & passed out. The lady peed herself & the passenger sitting next to him saw this as an opportunity to not only snag himself an upgrade but become a hero by trying to protect the lady's honour by accusing the drunk guy of doing something he would have no memory of. Mishra did not want the situation to escalate & apologized for whatever he was being accused of & agreed to pay what he was asked so that the matter goes away.

The whole story seems to have taken a turn now with the police not being able to produce a single witness & the victim not being able to rely on the statement of the lady sitting next to her who claims that nothing that the victim is saying makes sense & she did not see or hear or feel anything.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 11:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I'm thinking that the passenger who got wet from "pee" may have instead gotten wet from dripping condensation coming down from the ceiling of the plane. I've had some flights where I've seen drops of water continue to drip for much of the flight and people perplexed by what was dropping on their body and/or clothes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.