Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Ex-Delta B77L operating AI flights to the US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ex-Delta B77L operating AI flights to the US

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2023, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Haven't flown this exact route lately but I have flown India-USA on AI a few times over the last year, with my last trip a few months ago.

I was in business but a junior associate from my firm was in economy. He said the bathrooms were tidy for most of the duration but towards the end (a couple of hours before landing) they got a little messy.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Anish
Here is a review of SFO-BOM on the same ex-Delta aircraft that will fly BOM-JFK
pasting from that article
However, some things do need attention. The restrooms although blocked for Business and Premium economy cabins required care
Old Feb 14, 2023, 5:38 am

Is the crew fairly flexible to keep an eye on our kids 5-7 who will be in coach while we are in business. I just want to make sure they don’t charge us for unaccompanied minor thanks
Old Feb 14, 2023, 6:13 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by sam007
Is the crew fairly flexible to keep an eye on our kids 5-7 who will be in coach while we are in business. I just want to make sure they don’t charge us for unaccompanied minor thanks
Haha. That's a good question. No they won't. And it's very unreasonable to ask them to.
knit-in, Adam1222 and hhdl like this.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Feb 14, 2023 at 6:19 am
Old Feb 14, 2023, 7:51 am

Well the crew on this was even brought this up themselves and offered to
Old Feb 14, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Well the crew on this was even brought this up themselves and offered to
That was super nice of them to offer. Also, there's a difference between the crew offering to do it and you asking for it.
cricketer and hhdl like this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 7:11 pm

Programs: miles and more
Really.So you Drink and make merry while your Kids are By themselves,and you think that is acceptable??[redacted]
Adam1222 likes this.

Last edited by oliver2002; Feb 15, 2023 at 2:09 am Reason: FT Rule 12.2
Old Feb 18, 2023, 10:04 pm

Programs: AI Flying Returns Gold
Can somebody flying coach post a review if you fly soon? I have a flight coming up Feb 22 and interested to hear how clean the bathrooms are kept

Thank you
I wrote a long review of my Friday 17 February flight BOM-JFK on AI119, B777-200LR. But Flyertalk logged me off before I could post it and didn't seem to save a copy!

Short answer: It seems that I was on a former Delta plane , with very comfortable seats. The bathrooms were okay until the last 2-3 hours. I saw one FA doing some cleaning at one point later in the flight. Certain passengers seem to trash bathrooms and you want to avoid using the bathroom after they have been in there. I only used one bathroom, near the exit row. I bet the bathrooms in the back of the plane stayed in better shape because fewer people were using them.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 5:26 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by GoraDesi
I wrote a long review of my Friday 17 February flight BOM-JFK on AI119, B777-200LR. But Flyertalk logged me off before I could post it and didn't seem to save a copy!

Short answer: It seems that I was on a former Delta plane , with very comfortable seats. The bathrooms were okay until the last 2-3 hours. I saw one FA doing some cleaning at one point later in the flight. Certain passengers seem to trash bathrooms and you want to avoid using the bathroom after they have been in there. I only used one bathroom, near the exit row. I bet the bathrooms in the back of the plane stayed in better shape because fewer people were using them.
I find (well *found* - as UA stopped EWR-BOM-EWR) that pax on United flights are generally better potty-trained than ones on LH/LX flights... (in biz)

Once I flew on LX F, waited for the single lav, after which one of the richest men in India (some years ago, as they probably have their own private jets now) of a large conglomerate left the bathroom soaking wet and in a total mess! Almost didn't want to go inside...
Old Feb 24, 2023, 10:30 am

Programs: miles and more
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I find (well *found* - as UA stopped EWR-BOM-EWR) that pax on United flights are generally better potty-trained than ones on LH/LX flights... (in biz)

Once I flew on LX F, waited for the single lav, after which one of the richest men in India (some years ago, as they probably have their own private jets now) of a large conglomerate left the bathroom soaking wet and in a total mess! Almost didn't want to go inside...
Wet bathroom floors is as a result of cultural habit of washing even if no Bidet. Nowadays Portable Bidets are available , but not widely known.No Excuse to make a Mess and walk away.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 3:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
So any idea where the remaining 777s are and when they are due for delivery? AI is back to their classic aircraft swaps on the BOM-JFK and BOM-SFO sectors.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Yes, the remaining leased 777s seem not to be in any hurry to start work. There's also the Aeroflot-layout A359s, they should be ready for use but there's no sign of deployment.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
So any idea where the remaining 777s are and when they are due for delivery? AI is back to their classic aircraft swaps on the BOM-JFK and BOM-SFO sectors.
My BOM-EWR flight later this month is still on the ex Delta plane. Hopefully it won't change.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 10:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
My BOM-EWR flight later this month is still on the ex Delta plane. Hopefully it won't change.
They are struggling to keep BOM-JFK on ex Delta and constantly switching with the 773s. So unless the new planes arrive asap it doesn't seem like they will shift BOM-EWR.

With the 359s do they even have crew? I'm guessing it will take a few months of domestic flying to get them ready for long haul?
Old Mar 9, 2023, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They are struggling to keep BOM-JFK on ex Delta and constantly switching with the 773s. So unless the new planes arrive asap it doesn't seem like they will shift BOM-EWR.

With the 359s do they even have crew? I'm guessing it will take a few months of domestic flying to get them ready for long haul?
So they have pulled the old switcheroo for my flight on the 31st. Back to the older 777-300ER aircraft.

Not the end of the world but it sucks. Was looking forward to trying the new plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.