Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

does AI ever release 'web special' J fares for Dec US-India travel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

I realize AI is under new management and nothing is guaranteed to be the same...but in the past, has AI released lower 'web special' J fares for high season US-India travel closer to the date? Right now they are only showing 'flexible' J fares for our December flight dates. Many thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Its been a very long time since I've seen web special fares on AI closer to the travel date.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:58 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Web special fares aren't published "closer to travel date". They're usually released early and more linked to load factors etc.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Especially in the very busy T'giving to New Year travel period when nearly every one with Indian roots tries to fly from the US to the homeland and everything is booked out
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

OK, thanks everyone! I see prices rising (over $6000 in J for ORD-DEL is rather high given the 777 hard product), so I guess I will go with one-stops on other airlines, which are cheaper and have a better J product but take longer.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Jun 13, 2022 at 4:46 pm
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Web special fare on AI has just appeared for my dates (Dec). So apparently they do release web specials closer to the travel date.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Web special fare on AI has just appeared for my dates (Dec). So apparently they do release web specials closer to the travel date.
In the past they have released Web Special fares around specific times of the year. They have done so around this time calling it an 'Independence day' sale & in September calling it a "Diwali' sale.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
In the past they have released Web Special fares around specific times of the year. They have done so around this time calling it an 'Independence day' sale & in September calling it a "Diwali' sale.
Now you tell me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.