Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Indigo codeshares with QR/VS/QF/AA/AF/KL/TK/BA

Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)

American Airlines and IndiGo Announce Codeshare Agreement Providing More Options and Seamless Connectivity Across India

I have found IndiGo to be fairly reliable in my travels with them. Decent choice, although it doesn't fly to IXC so won't work for my plans.

Looks like they do actually fly to IXC. It doesn't show up in the route map displayed in the press release.

Last edited by knit-in; Sep 28, 2021 at 8:38 am
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by knit-in
Looks like they do actually fly to IXC. It doesn't show up in the route map displayed in the press release.
6E flying to IXC doesn't mean it will be automatically included in the codeshare partnership.
knit-in and GUWonder like this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
6E flying to IXC doesn't mean it will be automatically included in the codeshare partnership.
Fair point.

Not a big deal. Easy enough to find a ~50 USD fare.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:39 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Fair point.

Not a big deal. Easy enough to find a ~50 USD fare.
You lose out on easy check through, single ticket, luggage allowance, delay protection etc etc. So much more $ and effort without a codeshare.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
wasn't indigo in talks for a codeshare with ua as well????i think i remember reading about that some time back....
Old Sep 29, 2021, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
wasn't indigo in talks for a codeshare with ua as well????i think i remember reading about that some time back....
TK codeshares with 6E.

UA codeshares with UK in India.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

You lose out on easy check through, single ticket, luggage allowance, delay protection etc etc. So much more $ and effort without a codeshare.
It isn't so bad. YMMV. One has to pick up luggage and then check it again for the domestic leg, in any case. In my experience, buying separate tickets instead of JFK-DEL-IXC has worked out cheaper. My go to flight is the UK in PE. Even if its a pricey last minute fare (depending on availability), it isn't that much more $, or effort.

But yes, the international luggage allowance on the domestic sector is always welcome.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 3:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AA is desparate to make their new flights to India work. Last time they didn't have any option to book onward tickets and lost millions. Lets see if this deals works. I'm overall impressed by Indigo, but its a classic LCC.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
It isn't so bad. YMMV. One has to pick up luggage and then check it again for the domestic leg, in any case. In my experience, buying separate tickets instead of JFK-DEL-IXC has worked out cheaper. My go to flight is the UK in PE. Even if its a pricey last minute fare (depending on availability), it isn't that much more $, or effort.

But yes, the international luggage allowance on the domestic sector is always welcome.
Yes but in Delhi, Indigo and AA are in different terminals. And even with codeshare, one has to use bus to transfer. Only thing code share guarantees are luggage transfer and international bag allowance.

Transfers to other cities in India on arrivals will need at least 6 to 8 hours wait time overnight.. And for cities where the wait time is minimal (BOM, BLR, HYD, MAA, CCU) there are already one stop options from NY area. It will benefit the mid tier cities that Indigo serves.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hyho61
Yes but in Delhi, Indigo and AA are in different terminals. And even with codeshare, one has to use bus to transfer. Only thing code share guarantees are luggage transfer and international bag allowance.

Transfers to other cities in India on arrivals will need at least 6 to 8 hours wait time overnight.. And for cities where the wait time is minimal (BOM, BLR, HYD, MAA, CCU) there are already one stop options from NY area. It will benefit the mid tier cities that Indigo serves.
Very good point re: transfer from T3 to T2 (or is it T1?). You're saying that Indigo will have a desk in T3 arrivals to check luggage of arriving AA passengers, and then save the hassle of lugging it on the bus? Yeah, I guess I'd still prefer to connect with UK or AI from the same terminal. Schedule permitting, of course.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, UA - 1K, UK - PLT
Very good point re: transfer from T3 to T2 (or is it T1?). You're saying that Indigo will have a desk in T3 arrivals to check luggage of arriving AA passengers, and then save the hassle of lugging it on the bus? Yeah, I guess I'd still prefer to connect with UK or AI from the same terminal. Schedule permitting, of course.
What AA really needs to do is find better arrival times into DEL/BLR (if BLR ever starts).. 7.30pm arrival doesnt leave too much time for last batch of night flights keeping in mind T3-T2 transfer..
Old Oct 2, 2021, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by galaticos
What AA really needs to do is find better arrival times into DEL/BLR (if BLR ever starts).. 7.30pm arrival doesnt leave too much time for last batch of night flights keeping in mind T3-T2 transfer..
8:30 PM during Daylight Savings Time.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, UA - 1K, UK - PLT
8:30 PM during Daylight Savings Time.
even worse
knit-in likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 11:27 pm

even worse
I guess most people have to stay overnight in DEL/BLR then.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 9:02 am
Original Poster

even worse
Exactly.

I guess most people have to stay overnight in DEL/BLR then.
Not a great time for flight connections. I do know of people, though, who take cabs to driving distances from DEL (6-8 hours) after arriving on the UA flights from the US. It's not for me, but to each their own, I guess. For some destinations, like Jaipur, for example, it is probably more convenient than flying, in any case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.