Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Indigo codeshares with QR/VS/QF/AA/AF/KL/TK/BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indigo codeshares with QR/VS/QF/AA/AF/KL/TK/BA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I think the only complaint you've got against 6E is the awful integration with QR. I've never seen it so bad. And maybe the bassinet seat.

The other issues aren't really 6E's fault. The smoke generally is condensation/fog happens often in planes. I hate the bus rides as much as anybody else - but I've have had to do it on the best of airlines. Document/security checks are part of US security requirements.

But I'd avoid a 6E flight that takes over 2 hours. Thin seats, poor legroom etc. Not worth it when flying a 5-6 hours.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Aug 5, 2022 at 8:13 am
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:14 pm

Hello, I also have an Indigo flight booked with as a Qatar codeshare (Delhi to Doha on Indigo). The Qatar PNR does not work on the Indigo manage my booking. Is it the case that around 24 hours before my flight, Indigo will email me their PNR for my Delhi to Doha flight on Indigo?

Thank you,
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Jack_Tauson_Sr
Secondly, I don't know if their planes are old or it was some issue, the whole time the plane was waiting for takeoff at the runway, there was some smoke that was coming in the cabin with the Air Conditioning. It was not very comfortable.
Can't comment on the other things but AC condensation is very common in humid climates. It looks like smoke but it's not. Just water vapor due to the humidity. Completely harmless. As you note, it only happens when the plane is on the ground.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Call QR and ask for the corresponding PNR booking code for Indigo. They can look it up.

The condensation of humidity that looks like smoke billowing out of the vents is common in high humidity environments when the APU comes on after longer ground times without air con.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:22 am

As reported by a previous poster, Qatar does not have any additional Indigo PNR when I called them, Indigo does not recognise the code share PNR I booked through Qatar Airways. I only hope that I get emailed the Indigo PNR 24 hours before the flight as mentioned by another poster.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by tc69
As reported by a previous poster, Qatar does not have any additional Indigo PNR when I called them, Indigo does not recognise the code share PNR I booked through Qatar Airways. I only hope that I get emailed the Indigo PNR 24 hours before the flight as mentioned by another poster.
Yes, you should have got the email 24 hours around with PNR details from Indigo. But you won't be able to use that to book seats in advance. Seat allotment can only be done at Indigo counter at the airport.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:52 am

An update. I didn't get the PNR by email so had to check in at the airport.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
An update. I didn't get the PNR by email so had to check in at the airport.
While that would have made you panic for several hours - how was the check-in procedure? Did you call them to get the PNR?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 9:41 am

On a side note, Indigo seems to have started a codeshare with Qantas: https://www.qantas.com/in/en/qantas-...-airlines.html

Strangely no mention of it anywhere on the 6E website.

With this, 6E's codeshares seem to be leaning heavily towards Oneworld.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Vistara is actively squaring away deals with UA/AC/LH group with lots of codeshares showing up to the usual gateways. I suppose the OW carriers are getting better deals at 6E.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 2:20 am

VS now codeshares with 6E: https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/220823-vs6ecodeshare
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:28 pm

I am on the same boat. Did not realise it will be such an headache otherwise wouldn't have booked it. One question do I need to self transfer my luggage?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Linto
I am on the same boat. Did not realise it will be such an headache otherwise wouldn't have booked it. One question do I need to self transfer my luggage?
From where to where are you flying?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by superboi
From where to where are you flying?
Spoiler

Old Sep 7, 2022, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Linto
Spoiler

If you are on a single ticket LHR-DOH-COK issued by either airline then your bags will be transferred by the airlines - you will drop them off at LHR and pick up in COK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.