Search

Spice Jet not likely to survive

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
The writing is on the wall. Let's hope they don't have any air disasters before they fold.
I would hope DGCA has competent inspectors out in full force making sure corners aren’t cut on safety, but my faith in such is such that the “better safe than sorry” play would be to just ground the airline.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I would hope DGCA has competent inspectors out in full force making sure corners aren’t cut on safety, but my faith in such is such that the “better safe than sorry” play would be to just ground the airline.
That would make them shut shop even faster without any revenue coming and demands from miffed passengers and uncertain angry lenders...

DCGA did make them cut their routes etc. so that they could spend whatever little money they had on making a fewer routes safer... but I guess it's too late for even that.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:48 am

Given that any scenario other than them shutting shop seems increasingly improbable, the sooner it happens the better, for all concerned.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:49 am

Yet another incident today: https://www.businessinsider.in/india...w/93920402.cms
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Planes I assume (obviously I have no first hand experience), like cars don't fail the instant you miss a manufacturer suggest servicing date. It would take some time (months maybe years of neglect) for them to start failing. The way SG's have been all failing together now seems to suggest that they have been cutting corners with aircraft safety & maintenance for years....
superboi and GUWonder like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 1:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Pilots being forloughed for 3 months... while Akasa and others are hiring...

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/94324034.cms
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:28 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Sounds like some pilots may not be coming back to SpiceJet.

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Planes I assume (obviously I have no first hand experience), like cars don't fail the instant you miss a manufacturer suggest servicing date. It would take some time (months maybe years of neglect) for them to start failing. The way SG's have been all failing together now seems to suggest that they have been cutting corners with aircraft safety & maintenance for years....
It should have had people asking questions about how they sourced parts for repairs/maintenance.
superboi likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Pilots being forloughed for 3 months... while Akasa and others are hiring...

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/94324034.cms
With SG not being allowed more than 50% capacity till November amongst the other 10,000 issues they have... it's just one more nail in the coffin.... lets see if they are around in the new year....
Old Oct 14, 2022, 1:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Image issues...

Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: SK*D
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Wow this one is quite a smoking gun to show the serious safety issues. I'm sure the flight crew is more professional, but these kind of instructions from the cabin crew are unacceptable in any circumstance, and totally go against any and all safety requirements for deboarding from the last few decades.
Old May 2, 2023, 11:18 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
This is an airline I am hearing about for the first time. Shame I couldn't try them.

I will be visiting India next month as part of a mileage run and one of the positioning flights involve SpiceJet as well. Should I be concerned, as quite a lot of my Indian friends too claim that SpiceJet will be the next airline to fall in this saga. I have done my share of research and observed that they are a struggling airline and don't exactly have a clean safety record. Will be grateful if you could advise further!
Old May 2, 2023, 10:24 pm

It's a matter of time for SG as well. I would generally avoid booking them into the future if I had a choice. But you're probably safe next month. Then again who knows... when they fall they fall very quick and hard.
Old May 3, 2023, 12:10 am

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
Also one cannot say I how much corners SG may be cutting on safety, the anxiety levels of the crew/pilots because of financial constraints/uncertainty. There is of course the aviation regulator/regular audits but why take a chance. Stick to 6E, AI, UK.
Old May 3, 2023, 2:31 am

SG is limping along... clear avoid!

Spice Jet not likely to survive
Old May 3, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
Okay, I will keep this in mind. Thank you. I am really interested in trying Akasa Air out. I will perhaps give them a try!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.