Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Baggage transfer - single ticket Vistara-Air Canada - Bangalore to Vancouver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2021, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm traveling from Bangalore to Vancouver via New Delhi on a single ticket Vistara-Air Canada flight. I land in Delhi at 2pm and my connecting flight to Vancouver is at 5am the next day.

As per current Canadian guidelines, I need to get my RT PCR test about 10 hours prior to departure from a designated lab in New Delhi.

My question is, will I need to collect my baggage in Delhi Airport and then recheck-in at Air Canada counter even though I have a single ticket flight? Surely it's going to be problem to travel around for my Covid test with two suitcases. Is there a baggage drop off facility I can use?

I called up Vistara customer care and they are clueless.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
When I flew BLR-US with Vistara/United - bags were through checked..

I exited arrivals at DEL (direct transfer counters were closed) and went up to departures (completely exiting - not thru the elevator with police guard) .. so I believe as long as Vistara through check’s your luggage - should be ok..

be sure to hold on to luggage tags and show them at AC check-in
Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:17 pm

Alternatively - transit via US to Canada?
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by galaticos

I exited arrivals at DEL (direct transfer counters were closed) and went up to departures (completely exiting - not thru the elevator with police guard) .. so I believe as long as Vistara through check’s your luggage - should be ok..

vistara probably won't through check the bags since there are extra requirements to travel to canada....

Originally Posted by SunnyDay
Hi,

I'm traveling from Bangalore to Vancouver via New Delhi on a single ticket Vistara-Air Canada flight. I land in Delhi at 2pm and my connecting flight to Vancouver is at 5am the next day.

As per current Canadian guidelines, I need to get my RT PCR test about 10 hours prior to departure from a designated lab in New Delhi.

My question is, will I need to collect my baggage in Delhi Airport and then recheck-in at Air Canada counter even though I have a single ticket flight? Surely it's going to be problem to travel around for my Covid test with two suitcases. Is there a baggage drop off facility I can use?

I called up Vistara customer care and they are clueless.
the lab is at the airport metro station & called genestrings....you can easily go there with your bags & will get the result in a couple of hours....
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by galaticos

do they charge for 2nd baggage?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by vishal407
do they charge for 2nd baggage?
UA rules applied as it was UA stock ticket with TATL flight - so no questions about 2nd bag asked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.