Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India Maharaja e-Super Saver

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2021, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Air India Maharaja e-Super Saver

Has anyone tried out this scheme? They seem to have pretty decent deals in J (44k for 4 tickets over 3 months across all AI sectors). I have some work-related travel coming up so considering whether I should use it. Any experience reports?
Old Feb 13, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
About 4-5 months ago - when they started promoting it they gave it with double the validity period. Still if you're planning to travel plenty on AI and on routes where the cost makes sense... this makes a lot of sense... especially for biz travellers because they give you unlimited date changes upto 2 hours prior to the flight.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have used these in the past & the biggest problem i came across is that the coupons could only be used in a particular fare class....if that was not available then the coupons couldn't be used....

i don't expect this problem at the moment since business class is going empty on pretty much all routes....but its just something to keep in mind....
superboi likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
They're booking into M & D with these coupons so availability should be pretty good especially now.
superboi likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks folks! Will probably give it a try. Travel is due only next month so will book closer to that point and update.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
They're booking into M & D with these coupons so availability should be pretty good especially now.
D class for business...

Originally Posted by Keyser
i have used these in the past & the biggest problem i came across is that the coupons could only be used in a particular fare class....if that was not available then the coupons couldn't be used....

i don't expect this problem at the moment since business class is going empty on pretty much all routes....but its just something to keep in mind....
However, where do you guys get them issued? (Says no AI counters/offices, not online)

And - after issuance, do you have to declare travel sectors in advance - or can simply call up the AI call center and ask them to book - like Jet's coupons?
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
D class for business...

However, where do you guys get them issued? (Says no AI counters/offices, not online)

And - after issuance, do you have to declare travel sectors in advance - or can simply call up the AI call center and ask them to book - like Jet's coupons?
in the past i've got them from the city office & have just called the regular reservations number to make a booking....
Old Mar 6, 2021, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
D class for business...

M for Y and D for J. So healthy availability & miles accrual.

It's being sold by TAs only. Which ones... I don't know. But I assume some of the larger ones will be more knowledgeable. You will have to "book" the first flight when you buy the coupons.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
in the past i've got them from the city office & have just called the regular reservations number to make a booking....
Not available thru air India channels now. From AI website:
From Where you can Buy:Currently the scheme is available only through Air India authorizedtravel agents in India. Coming Soon for sale through Online Travel Agents also.

Not available through Air India Website/Mobile App or Air India City/Airport booking offices.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Not available thru air India channels now. From AI website:
the last time i bought these were 12-13 years ago....i remember they used to offer it through travel agents as well in the past so that remains the same....i guess they just don't want to sell them directly anymore....
Old Mar 7, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
the last time i bought these were 12-13 years ago....i remember they used to offer it through travel agents as well in the past so that remains the same....i guess they just don't want to sell them directly anymore....
Agreed.
It's weird that all airlines and hotels want to sell everything direct but AI doesn't. But well it's AI afterall and logic is not allowed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.