Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2021, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Ash Pot
Bumping this one again..anyone?
Also, if I book LH award tickets using united miles, can I safely cancel per united rules of >31 days? Any issues with that?
If things change for better, I can continue with them but if changes are negative, I will be able to change them or cancel and book with united for better route option. TIA.
As per new rules of UA award booking , yes you can cancel and get your miles deposited without fees >30 days before flight departure date . Till March 2021 , UA has a policy of no cancellation fees to one day before departure which is not there anymore now .
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Is DEL-CDG-UK allowed?
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH not happy about the only 10 weeklies under the bubble non sense.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/86744236.cms
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Hello all. for domestic India trip MAA-BOM ....
BOM says RTPCR needed 72 hours before unless one has the vaccination certificate from COWIN.

anyone knows if the USA CDC card will be accepted??
Passenger contacted airline Vistara..
Of course Vistara customer service simply reads out the rules without answering if cdc card is aallowed.

Should I tell passenger to get a RTPCR anyways??
Hello all, here is the update:

Vistara at MAA accepted the CDC card. No questions asked (as long as it is two weeks past the second dose of vaccine).

after collecting baggage in BOM, there is a line (all pax have to go through) - where they check your RTPCR report (or your vaccine card).

Pax successfully passed through this obstacle course

In other news - Pax were flying Vistara - No meal / tea / coffee served in C-class for MAA_BOM ----- Supposed Gubmint rules that flights under two hours should not serve any food.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by oliver2002

It's ridiculous - not sure if this was the reason an LH BOM flight was cancelled in December! Now have to reschedule and deal with the Philippines call center!
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:20 am

LH has scheduled 15x weekly for December - 5 from BOM, DEL and BLR each. I assume this is post their winter 2021-22 schedule changes, so maybe they see some relaxation coming.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

No LH keeps some flights to China and India in the schedule so they have some bargaining power with the local authorities. I doubt the MOCA will budge or has indicated to budge (yet).
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:18 am

No LH keeps some flights to China and India in the schedule so they have some bargaining power with the local authorities. I doubt the MOCA will budge or has indicated to budge (yet).
I suppose LX's 3x weekly flights to BOM in December serve the same purpose then?
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Hearing from MoCA there will be relaxations from dec 1 to no of flights and connecting pax rules..

AI done + good vax progress is my guess 😀
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by galaticos
Hearing from MoCA there will be relaxations from dec 1 to no of flights and connecting pax rules..

AI done + good vax progress is my guess 😀
I'm sure the tourist visas hopefully resuming soon also had to do with it. Having a circular on the 29th of each month stating that international flights are banned, and news channels needlessly frightening people will keep tourists out for a while.
galaticos and SamirD like this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Qsuites111
I suppose LX's 3x weekly flights to BOM in December serve the same purpose then?
CH doesn't even have a bubble agreement with IN...
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Scheduled to travel ORD-DOH-DEL in mid November. OCI holder, US citizen, fully moderna'ed. Planning on taking a RTPCR before my trip. Any anticipated trouble?
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Scheduled to travel ORD-DOH-DEL in mid November. OCI holder, US citizen, fully moderna'ed. Planning on taking a RTPCR before my trip. Any anticipated trouble?
“any anticipated trouble?” - that’s a very wide question 😀 ..
1. carry prints of rtpcr and air suvidha forms
2. another test on arrival in del
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by galaticos
“any anticipated trouble?” - that’s a very wide question 😀 ..
1. carry prints of rtpcr and air suvidha forms
2. another test on arrival in del
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Similar situation as the OP, and I just traveled JFK-AMS-DEL two days ago via KLM. Took RT-PCR in NYC 72 hours before departure, uploaded the results via Air Suvidha, and had both the test results + Air Suvidha form printed out. On landing in DEL, got another test done - make sure to get your online appointment for the DEL airport test beforehand. The test results will be emailed to you after 4-5 hours. There were literally 2-3 pax in the business class immigration queue....and I was out of the airport in <30 minutes.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by metalblaze
Similar situation as the OP, and I just traveled JFK-AMS-DEL two days ago via KLM. Took RT-PCR in NYC 72 hours before departure, uploaded the results via Air Suvidha, and had both the test results + Air Suvidha form printed out. On landing in DEL, got another test done - make sure to get your online appointment for the DEL airport test beforehand. The test results will be emailed to you after 4-5 hours. There were literally 2-3 pax in the business class immigration queue....and I was out of the airport in <30 minutes.
i remember reading some time back that a rapid antigen test was required just before boarding a flight to ams, even if it was just for transit....have they done away with that requirement????
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.