AI Coronavirus Flight Changes

Old Mar 24, 20, 3:00 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
go for it....the nodal officer would have the same amount of free time as well so it may be the best time to complain....
Exactly.. Keyser- u r a lawyer, right ? whats ur opinion.. my argument is that the fee is charged by the Airline and not the credit card company.. so when refunding, they need t refund this also, they can't keep a part of the payment, even if its termed "payment processing fee". The airline charged it to me, they airline owes it to me.. just like GST.. if they charge it, they need to pay back that to me on cancellation..
Old Mar 24, 20, 3:14 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
... or when the refund a non-refundable ticket due to cancellation of the flight.
Old Mar 24, 20, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch View Post
Exactly.. Keyser- u r a lawyer, right ? whats ur opinion.. my argument is that the fee is charged by the Airline and not the credit card company.. so when refunding, they need t refund this also, they can't keep a part of the payment, even if its termed "payment processing fee". The airline charged it to me, they airline owes it to me.. just like GST.. if they charge it, they need to pay back that to me on cancellation..
in a perfect world, you are right....the fee should be refunded since its not your fault that the flight is not operating....

however, to play devil's advocate, if i was representing the airline then i would argue that it is not the airlines fault as well....if the government was still permitting flights & the airline cancelled despite that then even the 'processing fee' would be refundable....but this is not the case here so therefore they are refunding the entire ticket amount without a penalty but retaining the 'processing fee' which is what they claim is the charge for their services of processing the payment & then refunding the payment....

its a defense with a number of holes in it but a defense nevertheless....
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:22 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
in a perfect world, you are right....the fee should be refunded since its not your fault that the flight is not operating....

however, to play devil's advocate, if i was representing the airline then i would argue that it is not the airlines fault as well....if the government was still permitting flights & the airline cancelled despite that then even the 'processing fee' would be refundable....but this is not the case here so therefore they are refunding the entire ticket amount without a penalty but retaining the 'processing fee' which is what they claim is the charge for their services of processing the payment & then refunding the payment....

its a defense with a number of holes in it but a defense nevertheless....
all right then.. let's do this.. will keep you posted..
Old Mar 24, 20, 7:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AI policy issued yesterday:

Dear Travel Partners,

Re-Booking or Cancellation of Itinerary
Only for Passengers travelling between 23rd March 2020 to 30th April 2020 on Air India Domestic / International flights
If you are holding a ticket for a flight operating between 23rd March 2020 and 30th April 2020 and do not wish to travel due to COVID-19, you can change the date of travel or flight or routing FREE OF CHARGE without paying any penalty at your leisure up till 30th September 2020.
All penalties such as No-Show, date change and rebooking charges are waived off.
Your ticket will be protected at full value.
You need not visit or call your travel agent or Air India offices at this point. You donít even have to report to the airport for rescheduling your flight. So please stay at home and stay safe.
We sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
Thank you for choosing Air India and see you on board very soon.
Please visit our website www. airindia.in for latest updates.
You can contact our offices once we start flight operations.

In these trying times, Air India would like to reassure you as under:
For passengers holding Air India (098) tickets for Travel between 23 Mar, 2020 and 30 Apr, 2020, on Air India domestic and international network, it is not necessary to visit or call Air India or your travel agent at this time or report to the airport.

1) Air India will waive rebooking / cancellation / No-show charges i.e.your ticket will be protected at full value.
2) You can reschedule your date of travel upto 30th Sep'20 without paying any changes fees for date / flight / routing(AI only).
3) Booking in same / higher RBD is allowed. Downselling is not permitted. Fare difference will be chargeable.
4) Above is valid for Group bookings also
You may like to check our website - Welcome to Air India for latest information.
Team Air India
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Airindia-23March2020.pdf (294.8 KB, 3 views)
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
AI policy issued yesterday:
That would have helped 2 days ago

Search this Thread
Search Engine: