Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Web Check Air India Liability Seoul Delhi

Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Heard this from a pax.
It seems some time back when ICN HKG DEL flight was around, he did web checkin and arrived at airport to know flight cancelled. Those with no web checkin were put up in a hotel. Since his was a web checkin, the air India manager had a liability to put him on a flight and scrambled to put on OZ flight then.

Could any one confirm the liability rule for web checkin
Old Dec 20, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
There's zero liability for web check-in.

I suspect your friend probably arrived very early and/or was a elite/VIP and therefore accommodated on OZ. Once the available seats on OZ were filled up there would be little AI could do to accommodate other pax irrespective of whether they had web checked-in or not.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
web check-in has no bearing on the cancelled flight as the airline has the ability to un-check you as well....
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Well web check-in has zero liability for anything... including being off loaded if the flight is overbooked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.