FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Unable to book on Air India website, mobile or phone call (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1996903-unable-book-air-india-website-mobile-phone-call.html)

JetSetEng Nov 25, 2019 9:31 am

Unable to book on Air India website, mobile or phone call

Hi,

Just wondering what the heck is going on, been trying to book domestic India travel between 2 cities in India.

Website works great until the Payment processing then fails, same with the mobile app. I called AI and they said there was a problem processing payments at the moment and to try again later.....this was 2 weeks ago....and the problem still exists today....

Anyone have any clues?

SeeBuyFly Nov 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Not sure, but most people use Expedia or some such. The Indian equivalent is MakeMyTrip.

PiperAtGatesofDawn Nov 26, 2019 6:46 am

Originally Posted by JetSetEng (Post 31774962)
Hi,

Just wondering what the heck is going on, been trying to book domestic India travel between 2 cities in India.

Website works great until the Payment processing then fails, same with the mobile app. I called AI and they said there was a problem processing payments at the moment and to try again later.....this was 2 weeks ago....and the problem still exists today....

Anyone have any clues?

Are you using an India or foreign credit card? Foreign credit cards have a host of issues on the AI website. I would suggest you use an OTA if that's the case.

Keyser Nov 26, 2019 6:53 am

i've booked many ai flights on their website over the last two weeks so it can't be a simple problem where they can't process payments....what credit card are you using????

JetSetEng Nov 26, 2019 9:42 am

HI All, Credit is a US based card....I've tried AMEX, MC and Visa...no luck...

What is an OTA? like 3rd party?

JamesKidd Nov 26, 2019 9:58 am

Originally Posted by JetSetEng (Post 31778920)
HI All, Credit is a US based card....I've tried AMEX, MC and Visa...no luck...

What is an OTA? like 3rd party?

Online travel agency (Expedia, ebookers, opodo, etc)

JetSetEng Nov 26, 2019 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 31778322)
i've booked many ai flights on their website over the last two weeks so it can't be a simple problem where they can't process payments....what credit card are you using????

What happens when you're on the final page for payment....there's no area to input payment info

Keyser Nov 26, 2019 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by JetSetEng (Post 31779044)
What happens when you're on the final page for payment....there's no area to input payment info

works for me....i'm using an indian credit card though....

PiperAtGatesofDawn Nov 27, 2019 1:44 am

Also which platform are you using to book the ticket if you’re not able to reach the credit card payment page?

I’ve found this stupid, and it does seem very stupid, bug on the AI website where you cannot use “desktop mode” on any (Safari & FF) iPad browser to book tickets - you’ll get a “multiple window error” message. Changing Safari or FF to “mobile mode” shows you the exact same screens that desktop mode would and works without issue.

Also seems like AI now is more accepting of foreign CCs and are offering dynamic currency conversion to take advantage of customers right of the bat.

Maxwell Smart Jan 29, 2020 8:34 am

Originally Posted by JetSetEng (Post 31779044)

OP- I'm getting the exact same issue, there is nowhere to enter any payment information, it's almost like that section is either being skipped over, or is somehow hidden on the page.
I've tried it with Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, same result. Am doing this from the USA.
Did you find any solution? I haven't called AI yet, that would be my next step.

Shounak Jan 30, 2020 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart (Post 32008001)
OP- I'm getting the exact same issue, there is nowhere to enter any payment information, it's almost like that section is either being skipped over, or is somehow hidden on the page.
I've tried it with Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, same result. Am doing this from the USA.

I've had this issue multiple times this year. I just end up going to MMT to book the tickets.

PiperAtGatesofDawn Jan 30, 2020 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart (Post 32008001)

I’m guessing you’re using a Mac. If you have plenty of free time... try using a VPN to India or a Windows PC or a Windows PC with a VPN. :)

Otherwise call in.

AI tries hard to stop you from flying with them.

678flyer Feb 2, 2020 2:41 am

While I have not checked this on the AI site, I have noticed that my browser's ad blocker is the culprit when these issues pop up on other sites. Temporarily disabling it solves the problem. FYI, I use uBlock Origin.

Maxwell Smart Feb 2, 2020 9:13 am

Removing popup blocking didn't help.

Cannot book via the app because it won't process my US credit card.

I cannot even call them because their US reservations number 800-223-7776 says that it cannot be used from my location (I'm in the US!), I've tried from landline and mobile phones. Other US phone numbers from their website either go to someone's voicemail, or get re-directed to the above toll-free error message.

Basically, AI doesn't want me to buy a ticket, or talk to them.

Any suggestions?

PiperAtGatesofDawn Feb 2, 2020 9:36 am

Suggestions.... Ummm take a hint! :)

When your plans are more firm... book it through an OTA.