Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India Lounge T3 international - How many hours before flight is entry allowed ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India Lounge T3 international - How many hours before flight is entry allowed ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

My in-laws are flying AI 47 to DEL, connecting to AI 187 , both flights in J.

The flight to Delhi arrives at 11:30 PM, next flight departs at 3:30 AM.

Will they be allowed into the lounge say at 12:00 AM , a bit more than 3 hours before their next flight ?

Thanks
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Yes they will.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta
Pretty sure they will. I once waited 6 hours in the lounge for my flight out of DEL.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
4 hours is sort of the unofficial cut off time where they give you no problems with entry into the terminal....anything over that & they try to get you to wait....once i managed to enter the terminal around 6 hours before my flight but they made it extremely hard....
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: Delta
Four hours is the usual cut-off for entry to the terminal, true, but in this case OP's in-laws do not have to enter the terminal - they arrive in T3 and depart from T3, so they should be able to pass directly from the domestic arrivals area to the international departures area. The details differ depending on which flight you arrive on (some AI flights unload domestic passengers in the international area if they are continuing on to international destinations) but the signs should be quite clear in all cases about what to do for domestic passengers connecting to onward international flights. (Similar for connecting in BLR or BOM T2.)

If they accidentally exit the terminal building, yes, they will probably be forced to wait a couple of hours before being allowed back in, so they should carefully follow the signs for connections.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The CISF staff controlling access between the domestic arrivals and international departure also police the 4h rule, but for the OP it should be no issue as AI47 (COK-DEL) is international/domestic hybrid anyway. Upon deplaning they just have to go thru DT security and head for the international concourse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.