New AI booking website: bookme.airindia.in

Old Oct 7, 19, 8:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
New AI booking website: bookme.airindia.in

It seems AI quietly launched a new version of their booking engine last week. If you try to book from their airindia.com or .in homepage, the data is sent to the new bookme.airindia.in interface:

Sadly it only works for flights originating in India. Any other trips are sent to the old site, which doesn't work. :facepalm:
Old Oct 7, 19, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just noticed this earlier today....definitely a change for the better....i love the way when you click on book then they display a 'warning' letting you know they are taking you to the new booking page....
Old Oct 10, 19, 4:43 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Much much better interface and more inline with other airline websites I like this new interface. Still a little buggy with the redirection but good step forward for them.

Dislike a few things like points where it says something like "Returns Points 79% to 96% of base points"... why can't it tell me exactly how many points I'm going to get! That can't be too hard to calculate.

Also, having the option of which fare bucket I chose also clearly illustrates that I have no real benefits in paying flexi or flexi saver fares on AI! So in an example one way between BOM & EWR there is no change in cancellation charges between saver (46K), flexi saver (71K) and flexible (107k); and while they more than double my ticket price, my change fee reduces by Rs. 1000 only. So what's the point of that! And how is that "flexible"! Also no other benefits except a few more miles but not worth paying 60k for! When will AI grow up!
Old Oct 11, 19, 3:38 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: SK*D
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
Dislike a few things like points where it says something like "Returns Points 79% to 96% of base points"... why can't it tell me exactly how many points I'm going to get! That can't be too hard to calculate.
I think this has to do with differential earning rates at different tiers in the Flying Returns program when flying on AI metal.
Old Oct 11, 19, 12:01 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by RanChin View Post
I think this has to do with differential earning rates at different tiers in the Flying Returns program when flying on AI metal.
Of course... but AI knows your flight distance and the booking class (i.e. earning %) when you select a particular fare type saver/flexi etc. So instead of saying for a saver ticket youíll earn 34% to 57% which makes no sense whatsoever, they can simply say youíll earn 4,234 miles for this trip. Itís easy for them to calculate and present this at the time of booking.

I think the bigger problem is... that because they have different mile earnings for every class of travel instead of consolidating them under the 3 main fare buckets, you can effectively earn different miles amounts despite paying the same cost of the ticket. And I suspect thatís an illegal thing for any airlines to do.
Old Oct 13, 19, 2:11 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: SK*D
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
Of course... but AI knows your flight distance and the booking class (i.e. earning %) when you select a particular fare type saver/flexi etc. So instead of saying for a saver ticket youíll earn 34% to 57% which makes no sense whatsoever, they can simply say youíll earn 4,234 miles for this trip. Itís easy for them to calculate and present this at the time of booking.
Agreed. But oh well, it's AI we are talking about. Small steps in the right direction are as much as we can expect.

The new booking system is still flawed and won't allow you to book with paid seat selection. Something happens at the payments page and the code is unable to price the itinerary correctly. When seat selection is removed, the booking goes through just fine, and then you can select seats later through Optiontown.
Old Oct 14, 19, 7:33 pm

I really like the new website but it's still not linked with any of the OTA/ travel aggregator websites. I, literally just now, searched and found an AI fare on Google flights, and it took me to that old (read टट्टी) site.
Old Oct 19, 19, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta-Million miler
Booked through this site. Absolutely no problem. Better than many US Airline sites. It allowed seat selection without any problems.

Search this Thread