Search

AI Extra Seat Reservation Online?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2019, 1:27 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
AI Extra Seat Reservation Online?

Does anyone know if it's possible to book an extra seat on Air India via the online reservation system? I'd prefer not to have to call, if possible. I am not oversize, but am looking to ensure that my wife and I have the row to ourselves and the cost for a third ticket is quite small. The AI website says that it's possible to book an extra seat for "personal comfort" but doesn't describe how to do so (Extra Seats - Air India).

As an example, AirAsia describes how to do this same thing via their online reservation system: https://support.airasia.com/s/articl...-extra-seat-en. I'm hoping that it's possible to do something similar on AI but understand that it may not be.

Thank you very much either way!
Old Sep 28, 2019, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i don't think its possible to do this online....unfortunately, calling would be your best option....
Old Sep 29, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Yes. Have to call in.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 8:20 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Keyser
i don't think its possible to do this online....unfortunately, calling would be your best option....
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Yes. Have to call in.
Thanks to both of you! In that case, I'll give AI a call to get this reserved.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by makavel
Thanks to both of you! In that case, I'll give AI a call to get this reserved.
keep us informed on how this plays out....also, it would be interesting to know if you get additional baggage allowance for the extra seat you purchase....
Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:20 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Keyser
keep us informed on how this plays out....also, it would be interesting to know if you get additional baggage allowance for the extra seat you purchase....
I'll report back on how it goes! The flights won't be until May 2020, but I'll be sure to make note of whether we get that additional baggage allowance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.