Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India paid seat selection not available on a Air Canada ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

I have a YYZ-BOM-CCU ticket issued by Air Canada, where the second leg is on AI. The call center told me that they can't take my money to assign a paid front row seat. I am only restricted to selecting a free seat. Is that true? Seems pretty strange to refuse money like this.

Last edited by leonidas; Dec 3, 2019 at 1:44 pm
Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Did you call AI or AC?

Try getting the AI PNR and try to select and pay online.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Wink

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did you call AI or AC?

Try getting the AI PNR and try to select and pay online.
Tried that first - using AI PNR to pay on AI website. Didn't work. it showed some error message. Then called AI today and was told that it couldn't be done. Oh well, I am not surprised.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
AI PNR won’t help. Only 098 stock can do the advanced paid seat reservation.

It’s probably because AI cannot edit or modify another airlines‘ issued ticket till it comes under airport control - is my guess.

I’ve faced this with other airlines in the past as well including LH.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
this is a known problem with ai....its been around for a while but they either refuse to or are incompetent to fix it....
Old Sep 27, 2019, 1:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can move to the prefeered section for free about 4 hours before departure, just checkin online or ask at the airport.

Last edited by oliver2002; Sep 27, 2019 at 1:36 am
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

I am happy to report that I was able to call and get this done. They might have upgraded their system, and it was a breeze. The phone agent was very friendly and assigned seats together to passengers across two PNRs. I got an email with a payment link and paid for the seat fee.
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.