Air India - no repsonse on complaint filed

Old Sep 17, 19, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Air India - no repsonse on complaint filed

Hi,

I flew biz with AI in late August and while the onboard service was OK the DEL ground experience was horrendous with no fast-track queues for biz pax and possibly the worst lounge food I've ever encountered.

I've filed a complaint online with AI almost two weeks ago but nothing seems to happen. Their online status-checking page
Feedback
also shows nothing has been processed with my complaint since the day I filed it.

Emails to
[email protected]
[email protected]
have returned with a "delivery error".

Is this typical AI incompetence? anything else which can be done online?.

Cheers
Old Sep 18, 19, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
very typical....they will take ages to reply, if they reply at all....

the last time i filed a complaint with them was a couple of years ago for a broken business class seat on the fco-del route....my seat would not recline & the flight was full so i couldn't change seats....it took them 10 months to finally reimburse me 50% of my ticket....
Old Sep 18, 19, 3:34 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
What are you expecting them to do? What are you seeking?
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 18, 19, 5:46 am

Programs: AA LT Plat
What's the basis of the complaint? That AI is AI?
Old Sep 18, 19, 8:02 am
Original Poster

@ajeleonard:

Gee, let's see:
1. Reply to the feedback I submitted 3 weeks ago.
2. Improve the horrendous food at their DEL lounge.
3. Introduce a fast-track security lane to avoid the current 50 minutes queue.
Old Sep 18, 19, 8:06 am
Original Poster

The basis for the complaint is that their biz class product isn't on a par with the *A standard. I'm not expecting a red carpet, but if I'm paying 2x the price of an economy ticket then there a few basic perks that should be provided, again, per the *A norm.
Old Sep 18, 19, 10:05 am

Programs: AA LT Plat
I don't know what *A norms are supposed to be...the fact that they admitted AI means that in reality they have no standards. 2x economy means you got a great price for J. Now you know why. Chalk it up to experience.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Sep 18, 19 at 10:38 am
Old Sep 18, 19, 11:20 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I like OPs enthusiasm and optimism.

Of course at very best you'll get a thank you for your feedback and not much else.

Also point 3 is an airport + immigration (I assume) not AI issue. So you should direct that complaint to them.

Point 2 isn't going to change till AIs financial situation changes a bit. And then they can look at improving that. My suggestion would be for you to visit the SQ/LH lounges in DEL if you're in the international area... if they are open.

However beside a read receipt what are you expecting from them?
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Sep 18, 19, 11:32 am
Original Poster

There seems to be a misconception here that if someone complains then it's for some personal gain like a refund or a free ticket.
From my experience, this is a channel to highlight issues which need to be improved. If you gain something along the process that's a plus, but this isn't always the end goal.

Also, the fasttrack issue is very much AI related, as they are the flag carrier and should sponsor such a service, probably in collaboration with the airport.

Lastly, the price difference between AI and the next-up *A carrier wasn't that great and was also around 2X economy so I don't see why I should just accept an inferior product particularly when it's priced very similarly to superior ones.
Old Sep 19, 19, 12:56 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Once again OP, your complaint seems to be "I didn't like AI or their service in J and I didn't like some or all of the airport facilities in DEL." Which is a reasonable enough rant - you're entitled to your opinion and illustrating specific things you were unhappy about or liked is a reasonable discussion to have. In fact you'll find people unhappy with every airline in these forums - people have found SQ Suites, QR, EY Suites, CX F etc. to be below expectations and they've spoken up about it. Which is a good conversation to have.

However your post right from the start was more on the lines of "AI didn't read or respond to my email and they didn't fix the things I told them to fix" - seems a little absurd IMHO. Whether they are 2x or 10x or Y fares is irrelevant or in comparison to other *A fares, we should all do our research and vote with our wallets when we're buying anything. If AI was short on their contractual obligations that's a different matter from "I didn't like that" type of issue.

So I would suggest you share the things you didn't like here so that others are aware, do your research before buying expensive things and not be hung up on AI's read receipt or inaction. And most importantly vote with your wallet.

And for what it's worth - no airlines "sponsors" fast track immigration. Fast track immigration is not available in many many countries including India and USA and more. Wherever it's available, it's the passengers who pay for that service in airport fees.
Old Sep 19, 19, 11:34 pm

Given the nature of the complaint, I don’t see there’s much AI can or will do about it besides a few words of sympathy at best.
However the fact is that AI is grossly incompetent barring a few individuals. We may vote with our wallets but our taxes continue to fund the s**tshow that AI is.
To expect anything better from them is naive in my opinion.
Old Sep 19, 19, 11:46 pm

If the AI management want to continue embarrassing themselves and the nation they’d better do it with their own money.
Old Sep 23, 19, 6:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Wait a minute. I passed thru DEL twice last week. DEL has separate immigration desks for C/F pax both at arrivals and departures. Sadly at peak times it is often faster to use the regular lines. Saturday night the 4 officers working the C/F counters had about 200 pax in front of them, so I chose the regular foreigners line with 8 officers and was done before my reference marker in the C/F line. International departures has a clearly signposted business/first security lane which is shared with crew and diplomats. No line whatsoever, CISF also makes sure you have a C/F boarding pass before you can use it.

The AI lounge is on par with the other tier two *A carriers (Air China, United etc). Hygiene and maintainance standards are clearly very similar to government canteens/officers mess. The food on display is very meagre compared to the offerings of the LH or SQ lounge on the international side. On the domestic side its a similar picture, with no decent food to be had till 5am. The PP lounge next door is similarly dire, but with the rennovation going on it should improve soon.
Old Sep 29, 19, 2:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
INterestingly there is a way to comment on the experience of a specific flight. The form can be generated using the following link just replace your details in the URL:

F= flight
P=first%20lastname
TD=travel date
E=email ID
O origin
D destination
ED email deadline
C booking class

Code:
 http://portals.airindia.in/customerservice/emailfeedbacknew.aspx?F=099&P=OLIVER%20TWIST&TD=24-Sep-2019&[email protected]&O=COK&D=BOM&T=&ED=30-Sep-2019&C=G

Search this Thread