Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Vistara Tata SIA Airlines Limited to SIN from 6 August 2019

Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Vistara requires this international network to overcome its losses.

Hope TATAs do not close this shop unlike Jet.

Last edited by AJLondon; Jul 14, 2019 at 1:29 am Reason: Mod action: removed inflammatory comment
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: Blas..
Ridiculous redemption rates for J? Basically keeping the voucher upgrades/redemptions at bay! Should have got few of their Neo's on this route with PEY option! I personally think that would have been a master-stroke but irked Mother SQ! Hence they played safe with 2-class config and also high redemption rates!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I think they're working well with SQ rather than "worrying about irking them". SQ has scrapped the A380s into both DEL & BOM to accommodate UK.

Also they are 2 class because they're 9W's 738s hence it's 2 class & not 3 class. As UK gets 32N & 32Qs lets see if they swap out the 738s.

The redemption rates are awful though. 100k miles for a BOM - SIN flight is absurd.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
It will be interesting to see SQ's partner chart for the UK flights.
Bioflyer likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
It will be interesting to see SQ's partner chart for the UK flights.
i'm waiting to see those as well....
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:53 am

UK’s DOM J charts are so bad (usually ~4x Y) that SQ’s UK partner charts are much better for many of the routes.

UK tries hard to deter people from redeeming in J. 200k miles for BOM-SIN return in J is comically bad. I don’t understand that strategy. Even AI (although with poorer Y rates) charge only 2x for J... as do most airlines around the world.

UK’s Y & PE are generally very very competitive rates though.

I would imagine SQ’s partner charts would be much much better for UK INT.
AJLondon and Bioflyer like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:10 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
And I am sure it is a total coincidence that Indigo announced today it will be returning to the BOM-SIN-BOM route (after a gap of about 7 years)! Surely nothing to do with UK’s SIN launch.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
has anyone been able to book a ticket on this route????i've been trying for the last couple of days but keep getting an error message....
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

still not being able to book this route for travel in december on the vistara website....
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The slot were alloted to the airlines on a tempoary basis till Jet Airways sorts out its situation. It means that UK105/6 BOM-SIN vv is only filed to 29SEP2019.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The slot were alloted to the airlines on a tempoary basis till Jet Airways sorts out its situation. It means that UK105/6 BOM-SIN vv is only filed to 29SEP2019.
got it....in no hurry to buy my ticket for december....will wait till september to see if they are allotted slots for later in the year....
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
IS UK105 BOM-Sin Using old Jet planes

Anyone have recent experience flying BOM- Sin on UK? Are they using old tired Jet planes? What is flying in Y like? Booked DS for a Vistara BOM-SIN flight this week and am now wondering if I should have stuck with SQ?

Also so is it better to credit Vistara flights to SQ Krisflyer? I read somewhere Vistara redemption rates are bad value
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
IS UK105 BOM-Sin Using old Jet planes

Anyone have recent experience flying BOM- Sin on UK? Are they using old tired Jet planes? What is flying in Y like? Booked DS for a Vistara BOM-SIN flight this week and am now wondering if I should have stuck with SQ?

Also so is it better to credit Vistara flights to SQ Krisflyer? I read somewhere Vistara redemption rates are bad value
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:18 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its a cleaned up former Jet Airways B738. so expect nothing special in Y. The twitterverse is full of annoyed posts of SQ customers who booked SQ but got moved onto the Vistara codeshare.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:16 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Definitely should book SQ if that is an option.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.