Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Vistara Tata SIA Airlines Limited to SIN from 6 August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vistara Tata SIA Airlines Limited to SIN from 6 August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Definitely should book SQ if that is an option.
Booked return on SQ, but BOM-SIN already booked and paid on Vistara so too late to change. I emailed Vistara customer service and they came back with some stupid response that it will be "a Vistara plane" without clearly answering if it is a new Vistara plane or on old Jet Airways pig with new lipstick applied to it!!
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Booked return on SQ, but BOM-SIN already booked and paid on Vistara so too late to change. I emailed Vistara customer service and they came back with some stupid response that it will be "a Vistara plane" without clearly answering if it is a new Vistara plane or on old Jet Airways pig with new lipstick applied to it!!
SQ would have been better. Although they did merge the UK & SQ flights on SQ metal a couple of times recently. Keep your fingers crossed.

If your flight is in the near future it's going to be the 9W planes (738s). UK will fly 32N & 32Q when they get deliveries of the new planes. But I suspect that's still some ways away.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
SQ would have been better. Although they did merge the UK & SQ flights on SQ metal a couple of times recently. Keep your fingers crossed.

If your flight is in the near future it's going to be the 9W planes (738s). UK will fly 32N & 32Q when they get deliveries of the new planes. But I suspect that's still some ways away.
Just got this email from UK
"Greetings from Vistara. We have checked the equipment operating on this route tonight. The flight UK 105 tonight, you will be on Vistara Aircraft and not Jet Aircraft. You may log on to Manage My Booking and select the seat as per your preference."

So at least today 19 Sept 2019 ( hopefully unless thy change their minds at the last minute) they are not using an old pig with full lipstick applied!!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
"Greetings from Vistara. We have checked the equipment operating on this route tonight. The flight UK 105 tonight, you will be on Vistara Aircraft and not Jet Aircraft. You may log on to Manage My Booking and select the seat as per your preference."

So at least today 19 Sept 2019 ( hopefully unless thy change their minds at the last minute) they are not using an old pig with full lipstick applied!!
What is the aircraft type they're showing you? As far as I can see they have only flown 738s on the BOM-SIN route and all are 4-5 year old planes formerly registered to 9W.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 2:45 pm

So did you get a new plane?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:44 am

Looks like UK is finally getting its new A320s soon. They’re going to be flying them on the DEL & BOM - SIN route from 30 Nov.

While I don’t know for certain if they’re the new planes I would suspect it is.

Wonder if they will continue with the 738s after that.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The A320 are hardly better... They are suited for regional flights. The B788 coming from Scoot should improve mid and longhaul comfort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.